Page 106 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

BB - I agree to a point. Before Don F. sued them probably ok after he sued them then he became "Mr.Felder". And I agree, Deacon would never be playing with them if Felder was aboard.

Stuck on the Border

Here's an interview with Vince Gill.
    http://www.heraldmailmedia.com/life/...19dcfd0a6.html

Banned

Thanks UtW,

and I thought he wouldn't have anything interesting to say!

Frey and Gill shared the same manger.

Stuck on the Border

"But I think after a little time went by, those guys maybe understood the impact of those songs on people over the last 40 to 45 years, and that maybe it’s important that those songs continue to live.”

So, again, the songs are going to die a few years from now, when Don & co really won't be performing them anymore?
    Last edited by chaim; 06-12-2017 at 02:07 AM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Sp anyone can leave the Eagles but Glenn and you will be fine with that? Am I right. It could be Glenn and a bunch of random people but they would still be the Eagles
    If it was Glenn and a bunch of other random people he would never have called them Eagles or assumed that because they were singing with him that they were by default Eagles
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    "But I think after a little time went by, those guys maybe understood the impact of those songs on people over the last 40 to 45 years, and that maybe it’s important that those songs continue to live.”

So, again, the songs are going to die a few years from now, when Don & co really won't be performing them anymore.
    Bingo.

Banned

The initial run of HFO shows included quite a number of solo songs, including You Belong To The City, New York Minute, The Heart Of The Matter, Smuggler's Blues, Ordinary Average Guy and All She Wants To Do Is Dance but excluded Peaceful Easy Feeling, Witchy Woman, Take It To The Limit, The Long Run, Walk Away and In The City. I'd say their place in the Eagles live set list does make a difference to their relevance.

Eagles are probably considered old and insignificant by the vast majority of the people who have heard of them, which in itself is a small fraction of the population. They're certainly not the force they were a couple of decades ago.

imo, Once the band disappear, the songs will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

Eagles are probably considered old and insignificant by the vast majority of the people who have heard of them, which in itself is a small fraction of the population. They're certainly not the force they were a couple of decades ago.

imo, Once the band disappear, the songs will too.
    I have to disagree...the band doesn't need to play live for the songs to be remembered. The Beatles haven't played together since 1970 and people still remember them. Paul and Ringo don't have to tour together for people to know Beatles songs. The same is true for Led Zeppelin, who haven't played together, with the exception of one show in 2007, since 1980.

Their continuing to play together won't make them more well known or draw in a new audience, in my opinion. I'm a younger Eagles fan (in my early 30s) and most people my age and younger have no idea who the Eagles are - any more than they have no idea who any bands of that era are. I doubt that what's left of the Eagles continuing to tour will make any difference to those people, even with Deacon being there. People who are fans will continue to be fans and remember the songs even if Henley kept true to his word and they never performed again.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I have to disagree too that the Eagles' music won't necessarily die out when everyone in the band is gone. A lot of the younger Millennials (those born after 1990) actually have rediscovered a lot of 70s music. I have a lot of younger friends and family that have discovered them recently and really like music from the 70s era. Those of us like myself born in the 80s grew up with their parents being fans so I've always known it but they haven't. Plus, almost every current country artist and a lot of alternative rock artists list the Eagles as huge influences, which then gets their listeners to check them out. Case in point a lot of One Direction fans have also started becoming Eagles fans because of Niall and Harry saying the band, Glenn, and Don were huge influences. We don't know what music will be in the future but being an adult myself I've learned to like a lot of music from decades before I was born and even some classical. It depends on the person and seeking out music. It's just these festivals are so expensive and directed towards the Baby Boomer generation as statistically they usually do have more money to spend unlike Gen Xers and Milennials who are younger and still working.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

The Eagles are a legend in their own time and their songs will still be heard long after the last and final encore.