Page 103 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Glenn's last live concert was July 29, 2015. It's over.
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles...-4bf8d736.html

July 31 2015 at Christian Brothers College High School, St. Louis, MO, USA

How Long
    Take It to the Limit
    Tequila Sunrise
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Lyin' Eyes
    Best of My Love
    Heartache Tonight
    Those Shoes
    In the City

Note: Glenn Frey's final public performance. He passed away on 18 January 2016; The private event on 31 July 2015 was a birthday party for a private donor. His one wish, to have the Eagles perform and mum was the word on the musicians who would play the party for the 300 guests. Set list taken from a partial picture of the printed set list. Probably incomplete.
    If you're talented and lucky enough to reach the top in show business, you may achieve the honor of being one of the select few, who get to retiring before the business retires you.

Thankfully fans can offer an opinion but they will never earn the right to decide when 'it's over'

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I don't know if anyone considers the Eagles a true rock band based on LROOE. Much of their rock cred over the last few years seem to come from Joe's solo/James Gang material as well as some of Henley's solo work. Vince or no Vince, it's hard to imagine them recording a full-on rock album at this stage, esp. without Don F.
    I live in hope Eagles are still lumped in with all the major classic rock bands. I presume that the people that bought Long Road Out Of Eden also have the likes ofPink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac etc in their record collections.

I also hope that there is an element of social commentary associated with future projects rather than just a continued procession of 70s hits.

The more I hear Vince Gill the more country he appears to be. He is. at least, the requisite 4th vocalist to compliment Don, Tim and Joe.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 06-07-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Hi NKIT and BJB! The excerpt is from Part 3 of the "Art of the Song" interview 2012 (thanks NKIT). There are several take aways but for me what really stands out is his enthusiasm for the experience of challenging himself both professionally and personally at age 63. The revelation he was sick with pneumonia while putting the finishing touches on After Hours was indeed shocking. I posted this excerpt because frankly I don't care how many times Henley and Azoff insist the Eagles don't have to be over/fans want to hear Eagles songs performed live by the band who recorded them.

Glenn's last live concert was July 29, 2015. It's over.
    So you don't give a crap about the millions of fans like me who NEVER got to see the band in concert? What if it was Joe, Tim or Don that died I am sure you would be saying they are still a band. 100%. I am glad Glenn's family are the ones who get to okay this and not fans.

F50 I was referring to the 2 year HOTE tour where Glenn performed some 140+ live concerts for fans worldwide concluding on July 29, 2015 in Louisiana.

Second, I've been a fan since the early 70's and most certainly do get to decide FOR ME when it's over. My time, my dime.

Third, I am not interested in debating what Glenn would or wouldn't want that's a guessing game that serves no purpose except to promote an agenda one way or the other.
    Last edited by Dawn; 06-08-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Stuck on the Border

TM - Dawn was indicating how SHE feels about all of this. She never said her feelings represent how others should feel. And, btw, if Don passed away do you really think the Eagles would continue. I don't, but that's just MHO. Who would sing half the songs including HC. If you want to go see the festival, then go and have a good time. Don, Joe and Tim are almost 70, so if you want to go you should try and do it soon if you can. We do not know how long they will keep touring.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    So you don't give a crap about the millions of fans like me who NEVER got to see the band in concert? What if it was Joe, Tim or Don that died I am sure you would be saying they are still a band. 100%. I am glad Glenn's family are the ones who get to okay this and not fans.
    Totally uncalled for. Of course "we" care about that. But what we are saying is:

No Glenn or Don = no "Eagles"....that's just the way some of us (and rightly so) believe. They were the Eagles, more than any other member that was in the band at any point.

Me personally I would never see them without Glenn or Don. But for me, and this is JMO, but Glenn even slightly moreso because it was his band and he was the leader and the vision. But still, that said, I wouldn't see them without Don either.

But to me the Eagles were Glenn's band first and foremost, with Glenn and Don in charge.

Stuck on the Border

WalshFan - Thank You for saying that. I wanted to say I felt TM's statement was in MHO rude and uncalled for but felt I had not been here long enough to do so. We all have stated how we feel regarding this and I guess we all will have to agree to disagree. Everyone is emotional regarding this and I understand it is because of our love for the band. I know my feelings are in the minority and that's fine. It does not mean we have to be happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    So you don't give a crap about the millions of fans like me who NEVER got to see the band in concert?
    BTW travlnman2, since you seem to care very much about having the opportunity to see them now, I'm curious... do you plan on going to Classic East or Classic West?

If they tour, are you planning on going?

Is there anyone else here who would be seeing this band for the first time only now, after Glenn is gone?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

I have seen them twice. Once in 1995 and once in 2013.
    If they do tour and come close enough to Knoxville, I will go see them again.
    Let me say however, if any of them were to come to Knoxville, solo, I would probably go as well, provided the right ticket price. I won't pay any more per ticket than I did for HOTE.
    As good as they will be, and as good an addition as I think Vince Gill is, I don't think this version is worth more per ticket than the HOTE version.

Border Desperado

Sorry for back to back posts but this just occurred to me.

I think personally I have an easier time with going to see the "new" band, having seen Glenn Frey's Eagles, than I would, if this were going to be my only exposure to seeing them live. I'm not sure why, but that's just a gut feeling.
    Maybe because I know that I will have that frame of reference to what they "should" sound like. I don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    I would probably go as well, provided the right ticket price. I won't pay any more per ticket than I did for HOTE.
    As good as they will be, and as good an addition as I think Vince Gill is, I don't think this version is worth more per ticket than the HOTE version.
    I think they'll probably charge the same amount, but who knows. It all depends on what the market will bear. They might try to charge more and see what happens. Azoff found out the hard way that he overestimated the market for Classic East and Classic West, but he's still making a ton of money off of it, as are the bands. They still come out winners. It's possible they'll go that route for any tours as well.

I don't expect the tickets to cost less. They're charging for the brand; as we've seen, it's irrelevant who's in the band or what this version is "worth" as long as the marquee reads EAGLES in big letters. Even if the tickets don't sell as well, everyone involved will still make a lot of money - certainly a lot more money than they'd get on their solo projects / day jobs.

I think personally I have an easier time with going to see the "new" band, having seen Glenn Frey's Eagles, than I would, if this were going to be my only exposure to seeing them live. I'm not sure why, but that's just a gut feeling. Maybe because I know that I will have that frame of reference to what they "should" sound like.
    I understand. The truth is that I feel sorry for people whose only "Eagles show" will be this.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten