Page 99 of 166 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: New Eagles members????

Oh no. I have a feeling this will generate controversy and great debate. I can see the new name now: Eagles 3.0...

Lol, kidding aside DaBoz, what do guitar forumites think about Vince Gill? Has there been discussion about Deacon's playing? The jury is still out on whether Vince and Deacon will be actual members, honorary members, special guests, temporary additions, etc.

Thank you for starting a new topic btw. The 2 new guys probably should have their own thread.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    what do guitar forumites think about Vince Gill? Has there been discussion about Deacon's playing? .
    While I'm a huge Vince Gill fan, I've probably seen him 5 or 6 times, it just seems wrong to me for him to perform Eagles tunes....

Deacon on the other hand I know nothing about!

A house without dogs is like a house without music!

Well Vince did cover "I Can't Tell You Why" on the Common Threads album. He's also performed "Peaceful Easy Feeling" before, too. So he's no stranger to singing Eagles songs. Still, I might have thought Bob Seger as a better fit.

There are some YT videos of Deacon performing with his father but that was years ago. Here's one from 2010 where he sings "Change the World."

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7mN-gBvgY[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Don Henley and Jackson Browne confirmed they were both estranged from Glenn Frey when he passed away in January 2016.
    It's difficult to know what that actually means. They ended up making Long Road Out Of Eden in separate studios a decade ago. Tim's recent anecdote about Glenn, "Enjoy your time away from me " kinda shows that the long lying creative tensions meant they found it difficult to enjoy each others company.

Henley's birthday invites to Joe and Tim was a surprise. So too was seeing Deacon and Vince in the Eagles publicity photos. Maybe it's a hint that, being estranged from Glenn during his final months, has affected Don's outlook and he's going to make a major effort to get on better with his band mates in future. Just idle speculation

Some might feel estranged if a friend won't pal around, hang out, or go visiting with them. Although Glenn hid it well, he probably was in pain much of the time. While some folks want sympathy and to be petted and coddled when they're sick, he didn't strike me as one of those. Maybe he just didn't want to "put up a front" with his buddies, and chose to spend his time with family. This could be taken as being aloof by those unaware of the seriousness of his condition.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Banned

A little more reading, chiefly about Vince.
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...-gill.1832743/

There's one comment that suggests the Eagles are a worthy support act for Vince /

Can anybody offer a Vince Gill top ten that they'd like to share? taking into account that the Eagles repertoire already includes a good number of classic country ballads such as; Tequila Sunrise, The Best Of My Love, Lying Eyes, Desperado, New Kid In Town, The Sad Cafe, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Saturday Night, Take It To The Limit, Ol' 55 plus regular slowies I Can't Tell You Why, Wasted Time, The Last Resort and Waiting In The Weeds.

I see all the positives about Gill but I'm yet to hear any music from him of substantial merit

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    A little more reading, chiefly about Vince.
    https://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...-gill.1832743/

There's one comment that suggests the Eagles are a worthy support act for Vince /

Can anybody offer a Vince Gill top ten that they'd like to share? taking into account that the Eagles repertoire already includes a good number of classic country ballads such as; Tequila Sunrise, The Best Of My Love, Lying Eyes, Desperado, New Kid In Town, The Sad Cafe, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Saturday Night, Take It To The Limit, Ol' 55 plus regular slowies I Can't Tell You Why, Wasted Time, The Last Resort and Waiting In The Weeds.

I see all the positives about Gill but I'm yet to hear any music from him of substantial merit
    I don't know a lot of non-country songs Vince has done, but I am aware of "I'm Almost Ready" which is a great rocker from when he was with Pure Prairie League. I'm pretty sure he wrote it in addition to singing it.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Most of his songs are from the 90s country era, which was influenced a lot by the Eagles country-rock sound (which a lot of today's country still is). Most of his top hits were slower songs, but he had a few that were fast. Plus he was in the band Pure Prairie League, but it was after they had their hit "Aimee". But these are the songs he's known for (he's also done backing vocals and guitar solos for multiple artists in various genres, and does bluegrass as well):

- "Go Rest High on that Mountain"

- "I Still Believe in You"

- "One More Last Chance"

- "Whenever You Come Around"

- "Liza Jane"

- "Don't Let Our Love Start Slippin Away"

- "What the Cowgirls Do"

- "High Lonesome Sound"

- His cover of "I Can't Tell You Why" (also plays Glenn's guitar solo)

- "The Heart Won't Lie" (Duet with Rebe McEntire)
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Some might feel estranged if a friend won't pal around, hang out, or go visiting with them. Although Glenn hid it well, he probably was in pain much of the time. While some folks want sympathy and to be petted and coddled when they're sick, he didn't strike me as one of those. Maybe he just didn't want to "put up a front" with his buddies, and chose to spend his time with family. This could be taken as being aloof by those unaware of the seriousness of his condition.
    I don't know about Glenn, but I remember reading somewhere that, in recent years, Don didn't socialize at all when he toured, even to go out to dinner after a show. He just wanted to stay in the hotel room and rest his voice.

Border Rebel

This article was in the local paper today about brand vs. band:

http://www.capecodtimes.com/entertai...ntent=GTDT_CCT

Surprisingly, it doesn't mention the Eagles at all, but I thought it was interesting considering the discussion here.

Soda, I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong place. Feel free to move it, or I will move it if you want, but I just thought it was apropos to the discussion here.