Page 109 of 166 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    Just read a Rolling Stone interview with Paul McCartney where he states "You could never replace John (Lennon)..He was irreplaceable.."...Where did i hear that before?????
    I know...BUT in Paul's defense and the difference being - Paul and Ringo and George never got a new singer and called it The Beatles. Unlike others...cough.

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I know...BUT in Paul's defense and the difference being - Paul and Ringo and George never got a new singer and called it The Beatles. Unlike others...cough.
    Yep.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    UTW - I think it is probably safe to assume Don(and Irving) is in charge. I would guess Don has no problem adjusting to it.
    I'm not sure that either has the right skills for the job. Correct that, I'm sure Irving doesn't have the skills for running a rehearsal and deciding who should play what and when - including the new people. I'm less sure about Don. I know he has his own band and his solo shows are well put together, but does he do that himself or does he have a musical director?

Banned

When the Eagles split in 1981, Don found himself a new partner in Danny Kortchmar. He made the Cass County album with Stan Lynch.

I think you're right UndertheWire, Henley likes to call the shots without necessarily running the show but now that he's, pretty much, divested himself of his drumming obligations, maybe he can be up front, ordering people about.
    Joe's a brilliant band leader, I'm sure he'll step in if he thinks it's necessary. After Steuart Smith's emergence, as Felder's replacement Don may use Steuart or even Vince as his musical crutch. Irving is Don's non musical crutch .... (ie Satan )

Banned

er.... 1995 .... Free As A Bird and Real Love.... and Jeff Lynne

If you can't afford it hegotthebestofmylove, don't do it. I'd say that there is a good chance that there will be an Eagles tour in the next 12 months.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    er.... 1995 .... Free As A Bird and Real Love.... and Jeff Lynne
    That's not the same thing F50 and you know it. What Don and Co are doing is soooo wrong that even Paul, Ringo, and George wouldn't have done it.... Two songs that were already worked on by John and reworked and released posthumously with the help of JL on one of them is not the same thing as a tour and an album. Not even close. It was on an Anthology album and that was it...

My point stands, strongly.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 06-20-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Banned

That's not the same thing F50 and you know it. What Don and Co are doing is soooo wrong that even Paul, Ringo, and George wouldn't have done it.... Two songs that were already worked on by John and reworked and released posthumously with the help of JL on one of them is not the same thing as a tour and an album. Not even close. It was on an Anthology album and that was it...

My point stands, strongly.

I'm not going to go any further with this as it's off topic but the sentence,
    Paul and Ringo and George never got a new singer and called it The Beatles
    falls down on the word, 'never' when you acknowledge
    Two songs that were already worked on by John and reworked and released posthumously

It's unfair to prejudge the remaining Eagles. I'm hoping that they'll be better than ever but I'm prepared and expecting to be disappointed, even if the Classic East / West shows are deemed a success.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm not going to go any further with this as it's off topic but the sentence,
    falls down on the word, 'never' when you acknowledge

It's unfair to prejudge the remaining Eagles. I'm hoping that they'll be better than ever but I'm prepared and expecting to be disappointed, even if the Classic East / West shows are deemed a success.
    But they never called it the Beatles and advertised a new singer. Ok, how about this. The Beatles never got a new singer, moved on from John's death and toured or even played a show and made a new album with new material and called it The Beatles. Is that specific enough for you F50? I'm sorry, but those two posthumous songs of JOHN'S on an Anthology album don't count. I refuse to give this any more attention. I'm out.

It's totally not unfair to prejudge them. It will not be the same without Glenn. To say they may be better than ever makes my stomach churn. /endof

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Uh... Looks like I missed a lot. As usual. Lol what is going on?

This is basically what Zepplin did in 07. Play for 1 or 2 shows with family Deacon and Jason and thats it. I never heard Zeppelin getting alot of flack for it. In fact everyone loved what Jason did with the band. I dont understand why its not okay for Deacon to do it?

"What We Got Here Is Failure To Communicate... Some Men You Just Cant Reach ,So We Get Here What We Had Last Week, Which Is The Way He Wants It, Well...He Gets It....I Don't Like It Any More Then You Men."
    Last edited by travlnman2; 06-21-2017 at 10:21 PM.