Thread: Duo Album - Who and Why?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Duo Album - Who and Why?

This post is inspired by the forthcoming Buckingham McVie album.

If there was to be an ex-Eagles duo album (Walsh Felder, Henley Schmit, etc.), who would be the most likely two ex-members to pair up, and why?

I would guess 'Walsh Schmit' as they're both very active in music, seem to like guesting with others, and I think Don H is less likely to want to pair up as it would be too close to Eagles. Don F is still a bit out in the cold. Bernie is a possibility, but he hasn't worked with the others as much over the last decade.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Duo Album - Who and Why?

I could see them providing back-up vocals or doing guest slots on a few songs rather than a full scale duo album.
    A Schmit-Leadon combination might work.

Mesiner and Schmit.

I know that Randy has had major health issues within the past few years. I think he can probably Write/Play on the Record and Tim can sing. Maybe it could be a healing thing for Randy.

That's a long shot though unfortunately

Banned

I can't see any of the surviving Eagles releasing an album as a duo, unless Bernie reunites with Michael Georgiades. If two got together, I'm sure they'd ask one or two others to contribute too.

Then again, I see Mick Fleetwood and John McVie are also on the Buckingham McVie album

I'm still a big enough Eagles fan to take them in any combination, as long as Felder isn't lead vocalist.

I say bring back the magic.

Felder-Walsh. I can see a return to their bluesy rockin' roots. They can both write and crank out some cool guitar solos as well as provide an...interesting vocal combination. And yes, let Don sing a lead or two. Why not? This could be a chance to show what he can do on a new rendition of "Victim of Love." It would be the most marketable duo other than Henley-Walsh.

Probably an even longer shot than Meisner-Schmit, though.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I like Felder-Walsh and LOVE MeiSchmit*. What about Bernie though, are you guys gonna leave him out in the cold?

*alternate names: The Cute Ones or The Betas (since the other guys in the band were supposedly alpha males and the sweet, peace-loving bassists didn't fit that mold)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I like Felder-Walsh and LOVE MeiSchmit*. What about Bernie though, are you guys gonna leave him out in the cold?

*alternate names: The Cute Ones
    I think its perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I say bring back the magic.

Felder-Walsh. I can see a return to their bluesy rockin' roots. They can both write and crank out some cool guitar solos as well as provide an...interesting vocal combination. And yes, let Don sing a lead or two. Why not? This could be a chance to show what he can do on a new rendition of "Victim of Love." It would be the most marketable duo other than Henley-Walsh.

Probably an even longer shot than Meisner-Schmit, though.
    I would have to agree that Felder / Walsh duo would probably work, but it doesn't seem that they are even talking or communicating so it seems unlikely.