Life long fan, saw them 3 times, 1975 Cotton Bowl backing the Stones, late 76 or early 77 in Austin (Walsh's first tour), and finally the Hell Freezes Over tour.

Just googled for more info on Felder and landed here. I read his book a few years ago and just stumbled on his Howard Stern interview today. I read a few pages in some threads here and was amazed that so many people seem to hate him and or attack his fans. I was actually shocked at some of the responses. It's like praising Felder is an attack on Frey and Henley? Am I missing something? It seems to me that he only wanted his fair share, tried to work it out and was fired by lawyers.

After watching History of The Eagles on Netflix, I almost wished I hadn't seen it. It took me a while to be able to listen in peace after witnessing the strife between Felder and Frey, Henley and Frey etc. My takeaway is that the rise of Henley was the real issue. Who could even try to keep up with Henley? That said, it was a huge shock to lose Frey so young.