Thread: Other Bands/Artists Who Loved the Eagles?

Default Other Bands/Artists Who Loved the Eagles?

I was channel flipping, and musicians were naming bands they liked from the 1970s. David Gilmour from Pink Floyd mentioned the Eagles... I also know Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) was a fan, and even had Don Henley sing on a song from his solo album.

Anyway, curious about competitors of the Eagles, bands/artists that were making albums in the 70s.
    Last edited by MortSahlFan; 01-18-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Other Bands/Artists Who Loved the Eagles?

Bless Mr. Gilmour. I think he appreciates harmony singing - he was in a vocal band before PF. He's also a Beach Boys fan, as I think Roger is too.

Right, they played mostly Four Seasons covers. And speaking of Beach Boys, wasn't there one or two who sang backup vocals on The Wall?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Just one I think, Bruce Johnston, with Toni Tennille, who sang back-up for the BB's back in the day (her husband was their keyboard player).

Well we know David Crosby of CSNY was not a fan. He came across as arrogant and pompous, as if the Eagles were sellouts because they were successful.
    He might have had some resentment about Don Felder leaving them to join the Eagles, but according to Felders book, they understood when he proposed the idea.

Tom Petty has to be a fan, with Felder being his former guitar instructor.
    I have also heard many country artists like Travis Tritt speak highly of the Eagles.
    I think the southern rock guys also have said good things about the Eagles like .38 Special.
    Needless to say guys like Seger, Brown, Buffet, etc. are all fans.
    `

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I know we have a thread on here about famous Eagles fans but that was other types of celebrities. I do know the Eagles have been a huge influence on today's popular country artists like Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Eric Church, Dierks Bentley, Little Big Town, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker (also the lead singer for rock band Hootie and the Blowfish), Old Dominion, Lindsay Ell, and Thomas Rhett but there are many more. For more of the rock genre I know Sheryl Crowe also is and the bands Kings of Leon and Haim are.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."