Some are saying (in the Thing you do NOT like about the Eagles? topic) that it is unfair to blame Felder for the lack of Eagles activity during 1997 - 2000. I see it as simple basic deduction. They were all pretty active before the HFO resumption, except Felder and things certainly picked up since they sacked him. They've been constantly active, at their own pace, ever since.

As the HFO tour extended longer and longer, there were rumblings of the old tensions resurfacing but I expected older, wiser Eagles to survive them. When the HFO tour ended I expected nothing from the band. Solo albums, more than likely, but nothing as a band. The insistence, made at the start of HFO, that new material was part of the resumption deal, seemed to become unimportant.

The announcement of the Millennium shows, presumably after receiving a financial offer that they couldn't refuse, didn't signal any future promise to me but the announcement of Felder's sacking told me that the Eagles were a lot keener to carry on as a band than I thought they were.

They had all, as expected, released new solo material after HFO, apart from Felder, maybe Felder had prevented them knuckling down to producing a new pre-Millennium, Eagles album. I believe, from reading a section from Felder's book, that the Eagles did attempt to record, new band material, in the late 1990s, I also got the impression that Felder was the least keen about the 3 show Millennium tour that they did do before his sacking and he was certainly very unhappy with his financial cut of the proceeds.

As part of his lawsuit insisted on his immediate reinstatement to the band, I guess that, despite his discontent, Felder never threatened to quit the band so he'd be expressing his displeasure in other ways.

There have been a few other reasons suggested as to why the Eagles de-resumed for a couple of years after the HFO tour but I'm convinced that Felder was being intentionally difficult in an effort to increase his portion of the Eagles pie.