Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
The barren years ended when Felder was sacked. They've been very active ever since. If you ignore the HFO years (1994-1996), Felder didn't produce anything since the early 80s.

I don't think it was egos and greed that led to Felder's exit. I genuinely believe that they all wanted to continue playing as the Eagles where-as Felder's priorities seemed to be non-musical.

I feel that they still want to carry on playing as the Eagles. After continuing after Glenn's death, I've no idea what will cause them to stop. It looks like there will always be money to be made for whoever's on the payroll.
Didn't Felder make music with the ill-fated Malibu Men's Choir (late 80s) including one track that ended up on the HFO? He and the other band members worked on songs for the later-named LROOE album before he was fired. They all submitted tracks for each other to hear. In fact, in Heaven and Hell Don F says, "I also had another up-tempo track with Latino rhythms, called 'Little Latin Lover,' with gut-string guitar. Glenn loved it." He added that together they had five or six tracks that weren't very good. Months later, Henley called it quits.

Felder also performed at The Millenium shows as well various benefits with the Eagles. I can't say exactly what the band was up to after he left but it's not like they immediately cranked out an album and went on a major tour (other than the summer one in Europe). Perhaps it's a matter of what constitutes "very active."

There's also the theory that Henley's solo success with Inside Job encouraged them to re-activate.