Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

Default Re: Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

I didn't know it was filmed over three day span. That does explain that. I did notice the error with his shirt and actually it would be the same song where he had one button unbutton and then two buttons unbotton. I don't think I saw him with two buttons unbottom after I Can't Tell You Why.

I have another DVD that was like that. It was filmed from a concert that happen back to back. You would know when the video was taken by how the audience reacting, if they were standing or sitting majority of the time or the confetti on the stage. Even though you would wear the same clothes(I would think they had three different costumes that looked the same because the clothes will be smelling from all the sweat. My favorite group does that too), but it can mess you up. I think its good that a DVD, they would put on there this show was taped from such and such day so the audience who buys the DVD wouldn't think, "Wait. That's not right." Or "he's got on a different shirt on the same song."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    That is the explanation. I thought it was actually 3 nights but I haven't been able to corroborate that. It doesn't list the dates on the DVD/BluRay booklets & covers.

ETA: I confirmed that it was Nov 14, 15 & 16, 2004.
    As most people know, I was at the November 14 show. For new people, no, I am not seen in the DVD. I was filmed, but I didn't 'look' right. Not young & blonde enough.

Given that the November 14 show was only the second time they had performed No More Cloudy Days, that was extremely special for me; one of the highlights of any Eagles show. The song tends to be overlooked these days but I love it. It was also a privilege for me to see One Day At A Time as the song was pretty much dropped afterwards.

It is hard to know which performances I saw made the final cut, but I think Take It Easy did; because I recognise Glenn's wet hair. It was a sight.

Border Troubadour

Another one I thought of, and I think it's at the end of Lyin' Eyes, is when Glenn and Joe end up facing each other at the end of the song and Glenn strums Joe's last note for him and Joe gives him a look as if to say 'Very impressive'

I saw that while I was watching the DVD today. That was too cute. I don't know how I missed that while watching the DVD. I know they showed that clip during the interview clip.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-06-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Border Troubadour

Just a quick observation from this (and the Eagles generally I suppose) - on songs when someone else is on lead does Glenn always mouth the words to himself? I'm not knocking him for it by the way, just noticed it on Boys of Summer and can't actually think of too many other musicians I've seen who do it as constantly.

I noticed that too. I know he does it on LITFL and LBG.

I know in one of the older clips from the 70s, he mouths HC. I guess he does that all the time.

I sing in my church's choir and I do that too when the choir is not singing at that moment and its on the lead person.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Well, you can certainly see Felder mouthing the lyrics to "his" song Victim of Love in the documentary!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Just a quick observation from this (and the Eagles generally I suppose) - on songs when someone else is on lead does Glenn always mouth the words to himself? I'm not knocking him for it by the way, just noticed it on Boys of Summer and can't actually think of too many other musicians I've seen who do it as constantly.
    I wouldn't say he does it constantly. He mouths a few words when he seems to be in the mood to do so and from what I have noticed, it is during a couple of Don's songs. We should ask, has anyone noticed him do it on this tour, which is far more recent than the examples used?

Yes, I think he does it on this tour, although I couldn't tell you whether I saw it live in Louisville or in a video posted here. I would bet that he does it at least once during a show. It doesn't bother me at all either...it's kind of cute!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I always find it charming when Glenn mouths Don's vocals!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69