Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Default Re: Lindsey Buckingham

Ha Ha! "Freak out face" - love it! Your hair looks great! I love it down like that. Did Lindsey get a word in edgewise?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Not much!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

One more Lindsey concert on the docket for me - in New Orleans Saturday night. This one is GA so we'll get there a few hours early to make sure we're at the stage, right at Lindsey's feet. Actually, the stage is only a couple feet high, so I'm thinking this could be a really intense experience if he works it like he has in the past. Should be fun!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thats tomorrow night? What you are saying about hoping to be right at the front brings back a certain other concert we attended earlier this year!
    Hope you get right up there Soda, you deserve to.... and have a blast!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh boy...if that stage is as low as you think, you might want to bring your own towel and keep it around your neck. The sweat's going to be flying!!! *wiping sweat off*

~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Soooooo..... I've been waiting patiently for a review here, missy!!! Where is it? I know you had the best spot in the house so I'm assuming it was a great night!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, missy, what's the deal, holding out on us!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oops, sorry!

This show was everything I was hoping for and more. It was terrific - it blew the other three shows I had been to last month out of the water.

My fellow fan Kristin and I got there about 4:00 pm, and we were definitely first in line! There were some logistical complications about lining up for wristbands and then lining up for doors, but it worked out. There was only one door in and out of the place, so we saw Lindsey walk in about 7:30 (the show started at 9:00, but the doors opened at 8:00). He walked right by us, paused and waved at the folks standing in line (there were about 100 at that point), then headed on in.

We got right to the stage, which was so low - about up to my knees - and so small that you could reach out and touch Lindsey if you wanted (I refrained, lol, except when he was shaking hands with the audience at the end).

While we were waiting for him to come out, I could literally sit on the stage. Here's a photo I took while I was doing so. Check out how close the mic is!

And how close the back of the stage was:

With the audience all standing right there, Lindsey really fed off of the energy and gave an incredible performance. We didn't get any new banter - in fact, he left out all of the Stevie-related banter that he'd been doing recently - but he seemed to be in even livelier spirits than usual.

Dang, it was hot in there, though. The man had sweat POURING off of him. He should've taken off that leather jacket he was wearing. Yeah, it looked good, but let's be practical! I haven't seen him sweat like that since the air conditioning fail at Fleetwood Mac's Champaign show in the summer of 2004. (Remember that, PM?)

He recognized me, by the way! As I said before, I was RIGHT up at the front thanks to waiting in line so long. As he was changing guitars after the first song, he smiled at me and said, "Don't I know you?" I just replied "Yeah," and grinned, not eager to jog his memory about where he knew me from (the blabbermouth from the recent M&G). Then, when I was going crazy after "Stephanie", he said to me "You love that one, don't you?" Again, my response: "YEAH!" lol Finally, I was lucky enough to have him play "I'm So Afraid" right over me, which was MEGA-HOT. So yeah, those general admission, standing-room-only shows lend themselves to a LOT of extra fun! It's like Lindsey is playing in your living room rather than at a show in front of hundreds of people.

I called out "Rock Away Blind" at the end just in case he decided to do it as he has in the past when people called it out, but it got no response. I don't think he ever plans on playing that one again, but you never know. I guess it doesn't hurt to keep trying.

Everyone in the audience had these looks of amazement on their face as he played. He enthralled that whole crowd. He is so staggeringly talented!

I met up with a girl from the main FM fan message board and some other new friends I made in line for dinner afterwards. We spent the next hour gushing about Lindsey over Mexican food. It was such a fun time all around! I'm SO glad I went!!

Here's some photos from the show courtesy of NOLA.com: http://photos.nola.com/4500/gallery/...cks/index.html

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Woo Hoo!!! Now that sounds like a way to see a show!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Here's a brief clip from the show. You can't see me and it's not very clear, but you can hear a bit of his genius at work!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRNePsCrbzw[/ame]