Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son - NOT TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Yeah, even though Don stated at the beginning of the article that they would NOT go out since it was Glenn's band, JB and Irving leave room for possibility...

I just wish they wouldn't do that.
    I agree.

And yet still we have people on this thread attempting to believe otherwise.

Banned

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son - NOT TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I do wonder what Joe and TBS's thoughts on the matter are. I think a big question, which sadly can't be definitively answered now, is what would Glenn want the other three (and Irving et al) to do? It's obvious that he cared for the band as an entity so deeply and with his son at the helm would he have been happy to pass on the role so to speak? Obviously there's also the psychology of the others to consider but I do think it's quite an important aspect of proceedings.
    I think the article offers some evidence of what Glenn wanted;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...c35_story.html

“He gave me a big, huge thanks for participating,” remembers Leadon. “Then he said, ‘It’s been really awesome to have you back out there. This is not the end.’ ”
    I think Joe and Tim will go along with whatever Don says but, without Glenn, I'd guess that Don would consult the others, rather than make decisions alone. One of his comments about the production of Long Road Out Of Eden was the band didn't communicate as much as they did when they made their previous albums. I'm pretty sure that Don didn't consult Joe when he brought Steuart Smith into the Eagles.

Henley always affirms that Eagles is Glenn's band but since HFO I believe it's Irving's band. He, not Glenn, got them back together again.

If Irving has a plan for the Eagles in the future, I think he'll be able to talk the band members into doing it. Without Irving, I'd expect the band to be over but I can't predict the future.

The worst, s*** hits the fan, case scenario would be, the band ends and Felder adopts the vacant name. I'm sure Henley would want to avoid that.

Lastly, I have no doubts about the respect everybody has for Glenn. I don't need it to be constantly on display. I understand that some Frey fans would be unable to see anything beyond the absence of Glenn, if the rest of the band got back together but I'd want them to ignore the past with Glenn and attempt to put on the best show they possibly can for the people who are paying out the money in the present. They're in the entertainment business where the motto has always been "The Show Must Go On".

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I do wonder what Joe and TBS's thoughts on the matter are. I think a big question, which sadly can't be definitively answered now, is what would Glenn want the other three (and Irving et al) to do? It's obvious that he cared for the band as an entity so deeply and with his son at the helm would he have been happy to pass on the role so to speak? Obviously there's also the psychology of the others to consider but I do think it's quite an important aspect of proceedings.
    I suspect that Don knows that Glenn would have thought much better than any of us do. Referring to another post, Glenn's "This is not the end" to Bernie is no longer relevant due to Glenn's passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And yet still we have people on this thread attempting to believe otherwise.
    Which posts? I've had a look at last few pages and I can't see anyone suggesting that they'd play again as Eagles.

In case there's been a misunderstanding and you meant my post, I wasn't suggesting playing as Eagles. I meant something like Joe appearing to do a song at a Tim concert, or Tim doing some backing vocals on a Don album. That sort of thing. I can't see any reason why that wouldn't, or shouldn't, happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think Joe and Tim will go along with whatever Don says but, without Glenn, I'd guess that Don would consult the others, rather than make decisions alone.
    I think the decision is Don's alone, and his clarification makes things amply clear.

Stuck on the Border

Same old arguments. What's clear is that Azoff will continue to look for ways to put together a package that will appeal to Henley and he's known Henley for more than 40 years. The obvious compromise is a series of benefit concerts with special guests and described as a tribute to Glenn.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Same old arguments. What's clear is that Azoff will continue to look for ways to put together a package that will appeal to Henley and he's known Henley for more than 40 years. The obvious compromise is a series of benefit concerts with special guests and described as a tribute to Glenn.
    Why should Don H compromise? I don't think he has any need to. And I don't think anyone has any real leverage to make him do something he doesn't want to do.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

This is a dead horse and I wish everyone would let it ly.

Don said it, the band is done without Glenn. Why can't we respect that?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post

Which posts? I've had a look at last few pages and I can't see anyone suggesting that they'd play again as Eagles.

In case there's been a misunderstanding and you meant my post, I wasn't suggesting playing as Eagles. I meant something like Joe appearing to do a song at a Tim concert, or Tim doing some backing vocals on a Don album. That sort of thing. I can't see any reason why that wouldn't, or shouldn't, happen.

I think the decision is Don's alone, and his clarification makes things amply clear.
    Not yours. Funk 50's & his latest effort above yours, not to mention his incredibly insensitve post early in the thread. I agree with what you say here.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-30-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think the article offers some evidence of what Glenn wanted;

I think Joe and Tim will go along with whatever Don says but, without Glenn, I'd guess that Don would consult the others, rather than make decisions alone. One of his comments about the production of Long Road Out Of Eden was the band didn't communicate as much as they did when they made their previous albums. I'm pretty sure that Don didn't consult Joe when he brought Steuart Smith into the Eagles.

Henley always affirms that Eagles is Glenn's band but since HFO I believe it's Irving's band. He, not Glenn, got them back together again.

If Irving has a plan for the Eagles in the future, I think he'll be able to talk the band members into doing it. Without Irving, I'd expect the band to be over but I can't predict the future.

The worst, s*** hits the fan, case scenario would be, the band ends and Felder adopts the vacant name. I'm sure Henley would want to avoid that.

Lastly, I have no doubts about the respect everybody has for Glenn. I don't need it to be constantly on display. I understand that some Frey fans would be unable to see anything beyond the absence of Glenn, if the rest of the band got back together but I'd want them to ignore the past with Glenn and attempt to put on the best show they possibly can for the people who are paying out the money in the present. They're in the entertainment business where the motto has always been "The Show Must Go On".
    Where to start? I mean, I don't know why I bother responding to this stuff, but I don't believe it should be ignored.

Irving's band? He could not have done anything about reforming them if Glenn had not agreed. He cannot do anything now if Henley does not agree. He's not in the band. He's management. He can't force people to do something they don't want to do.

The band has ended & I am sure that Felder would be sued from here to eternity if he ever tried such a thing.

Ignore the past with Glenn? Yeah, sure. Sure. Why can't you see how you hurt people when you write stuff like this, while prefacing it with 'some Frey fans' etc. It is like you were saying that Frey fans have forfeited any right to have any opinions on this issue.

As for 'I don't need the respect for Glenn to be constantly on display'.... well no, I guess you don't, and I will pass over the implication behind your words & confine myself to saying speak for yourself. You do not speak for me.

The show must go on? Why?

Oh, and by the way, you don't know what Glenn wanted & neither do I. As stated above, when he said 'this isn't the end' or whatever, he was still alive. You know, as John Cleese said, the bleeding obvious.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-30-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Azoff is NOT in it for the fans and the music, Azoff is in it for the MONEY....I totally agree with what you said UtW. Anything for him to make a buck while under the guise of "helping others". He tried for YEARS to get the guys back together, until it happened it '94. He doesn't care what they think, only to better himself. I'm not a fan of the guy. I think he's like most LA managers - corrupted.

I'm glad DH cleared the air about this. I'm very much in support of his decision, I hope Azoff and the other big wigs respect it rather than try to line their pockets.