Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
FP, with all due respect during this time of sadness, these men have played music together for over 40 years, and are still active. Just consider the concept that they may wish to continue to do so. They have earned the right to do whatever the heck they want. Perform what they want, with whom they want. Nothing that they do can detract from Glenn's contribution, talent, or legacy. In fact, it highlights how good of a singer he was.

No song should be precious. I hope lots of people continue to perform Glenn's songs in lots of settings, even various combinations of Don and TBS, Don and Joe, Joe and TBS and whoever else. It is a tribute to him, and I don't think fans should presume to tell them that there isn't a point to them playing together or performing Glenn's songs.

Having said all of that, I highly doubt they'll "tour," (and playing with JD or Jackson just sounds like a horrible idea) but I also don't see them not performing together again and not including Eagles songs, for goodness sake. In grieving Glenn's loss, I don't think you realize how disrespectful your posts are to Don, Joe and Tim. I would think you would want to support them in whatever they decide to do going forward.

And no, my thought process in no way, shape or form aligns with Funk's.

Do you think its bad form for Timothy to sing PEF as a tribute to Glenn? I don't, and I don't think anybody cares if he doesn't sound as good.
I support them in whatever they do as long as they don't do a tour referring to themselves as 'Eagles' with Glenn's songs being sung by someone else. How is that disrespectful to them? It's realistic, that's all. There is a time where this all has to be let go and they have to realise that part of their life is over & it can't ever be brought back. Led Zeppelin did & they didn't lose their frontman & one of the two main singers. Glenn was not just anybody.

Of course I agree with Tim doing PEF & I agreed with Joe doing TITTL. In that setting, during solo shows, it's fine by me. But Don has said he won't sing Glenn's songs & he is ultimately the one who would decide on such a venture.

I agree that Glenn's songs should still be performed, so that they will not be forgotten. I just have a problem with any sort of tour. One or two tribute shows is what I have wanted all along. NB I just saw your next post & I agree that whatever they do will be tasteful, etc. I will leave it at that.