Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
I will say, if the four extra songs are the deluxe edition inclusions, then I only really rate The Brand New Tennessee Waltz. I think album does suffer slightly from Long Road Out of Eden Syndrome: if it had been a ten-song release of the best material it would have been a blinder, but for being in the format it is it does drag on.
I remember, a long, long time ago being put off buying Joe's, You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind because it only had 6 tracks on it. I don't think I've ever, not bought an album because it had too many tracks. It's a case of, if you want the album to sell or be regarded as an exceptional peice of work.

In the analog age, album editing and track sequencing were a very important part of the creative process, in the age of mutli gig drives on random play, there are an irrelavance.

I think Cass County is a great album, I like some tracks more than others but there are no constantly skipped tracks. If it was to be cut to, a more palitable 10 tracks, I think we would all choose a different 10.

Favourite tracks; Younger Man and Bramble Rose
I can't really pick out a least favourite as I've enjoyed them all at one time or another.

It must have been an incredible time in the early 70s when it was standard practice for all artists to release an album a year.

I look forward to reading your song by song breakdown thelastresort.