Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

Just compare the sexy way Don sings "They just want to get their hands on you" to the creepy way he sings "still, he just couldn't get off" - "Those Shoes" beats "King of Hollywood" by a mile! Plus, you can move your body to "Those Shoes." You just sit despairing about the dregs of humanity while listening to "King of Hollywood."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Just compare the sexy way Don sings "They just want to get their hands on you" to the creepy way he sings "still, he just couldn't get off" - "Those Shoes" beats "King of Hollywood" by a mile! Plus, you can move your body to "Those Shoes." You just sit despairing about the dregs of humanity while listening to "King of Hollywood."
    I love KOH but I wouldn't say you just sit despairing about the dregs of humanity while listening to it just because it's not about relationships or love and life, I think it's a cool song

I can't vote for Those Shoes or KOH to go out this early in the game - IMO there are a few other songs which need to go before them.

So my vote this round is Heartache Tonight - not my favourite of the songs that are left
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

I'm undecided right now. I love "Those Shoes"; it's such a wicked rockin' song. But unless "King of Hollywood" gets more votes, TS looks to be eliminated next. Bummer.

And how does this vote affect the overall picture?
    Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    I'm voting for These Shoes.

Stuck on the Border

I see Those Shoes as being on the same topic as King of Hollywood, just looking at the other side. What does a girl have to do to get noticed in Hollywood where everyone is judged on attractiveness and perceived sexual availability? I don't find it hot.

Musically, I prefer King of Hollywood.

@Delilah

Oops. I'll edit it but only as an add-on. It doesn't affect my vote. Sorry about that. Rudie just failed on spelling.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

It looks like Those Shoes will go this round, and I'd like to see it saved, but equally I can't quite bring myself to vote for King Of Hollywood either, the only song that I can see potentially toppling it. So I'll vote with a view to possible future eliminations.

I therefore vote for In The City. I think it's a great track, and I love it every bit as much as I do the others, but after listening to the album in full before the game I ranked it seventh out of tenth, so I'll go for it this time round. Partially due to this, and also partly because I think it is even better in a live setting, but also because I think the three hits don't seem likely to go soon, and there's no way I'm voting to eliminate The Sad Café!

It's funny because I don't think there's an Eagles song that has grown on me more than Those Shoes - I didn't really like it much when I first heard it, but then I started to enjoy it more and now it's one of my favourites!

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    I love KOH but I wouldn't say you just sit despairing about the dregs of humanity while listening to it just because it's not about relationships or love and life, I think it's a cool song
    True, there are many people who don't respond that way. I overstated. Speaking for myself, though, I always feel icky after listening to it. Its only virtue for me are the guitar solos.

UTW makes a good point that "Those Shoes" is also about Hollywood shallowness, but at least the women in "Those Shoes" seem to be fighting back. The women in "King of Hollywood" have been used, abused, and discarded.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    @Delilah

Oops. I'll edit it but only as an add-on. It doesn't affect my vote. Sorry about that. Rudie just failed on spelling.
    Yeah - Just as an FYI, as long as the voter's intentions are clearly obvious, misspellings and typos don't disqualify your vote.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I see Those Shoes as being on the same topic as King of Hollywood, just looking at the other side. What does a girl have to do to get noticed in Hollywood where everyone is judged on attractiveness and perceived sexual availability? I don't find it hot.

Musically, I prefer King of Hollywood.
    UTW - I agree that TS and KOH are both very similar thematically. I really like both songs. I do happen to think Those Shoes is very sexy, but I also like the music in King of Hollywood better. It looks like the only way to save Those Shoes this round is if the remaining voters ban together and vote for King of Hollywood. Since I have to choose, I give a slight edge to Those Shoes. So ...

I cast my vote for King of Hollywood.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

King of Hollywood

Stuck on the Border

I have been out of action for a week but it appears I still have time to vote in this round. The Long Run.