Would anyone like to talk about Eagles songwriting? I'm thinking of the contributions of everyone within the band and a few from outside, not just the Henley-Frey team.

When the band formed, it seems that none of them had written much and they didn't have a lot of songs. Glenn seems to have had the most going followed by Randy.

Randy Meisner - one of Randy's Poco bandmates has said that Randy didn't write when he was in Poco. Whether he just wasn't writing or lacked the confidence to present his ideas, I've no idea. However, on the first Eagles album he has two sole writing credits and one co-credit with Bernie. They're good songs, too, not filler. Earlybird was written quickly in London because Glyn Johns felt that Bernie and Randy needed another song on the album.

On all the other albums, Randy's down to one or two songs and, again, they're good songs. Randy has said that writing takes him a long time which is why Glenn and Don would step in to help him finish.

I like Randy's Eagles songs. Musically, they seem designed to make use of his vocal range and lyrically, they seem to be personal and meaningful. He doesn't go in for the "she's so sexy, she's driving me wild" style of writing.

Randy's first solo album included a re-recording of Take it to the Limit but that was his only writing credit on the album. I've read that the record label wanted to get something out quickly and Randy didn't have any of his own material ready. For his second solo alum, he co-wrote most of the songs with established songwriters.

I'm sorry, I don't know much about Randy's pre- or post-Eagles career. What are his non-Eagles songs like?

Randy's Eagles songs:

Earlybird (with Bernie)
Take the Devil
Tryin'
Saturday Night (with Don, Glenn and Bernie)
Certain Kind of Fool (with Don and Glenn)
Is it True?
Too Many Hands (with Don Felder)
Take it to the Limit (with Don H and Glenn)
Try and Love Again