11 34.38%
  • Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

I think Trump did a better job at debating this time around, but that's not saying much, considering the laughable disaster of the first presidential debate. It's a better sign that I didn't laugh as much at his comments this time around, and I didn't think it was like an SNL skit too.

I honestly can't trust or believe what comes out of Clinton's mouth. It's a little less so with Donald to an extent, but it's almost the same amount of disdain. These are just instincts rather than using rational thought because there's hardly any this election cycle.

ETA: @travlnman2, I'd have to agree with you on the smiling at some points. I think she just smiles to avoid looking wrong and to fool us into thinking that Donald is a complete fool. He is a fool, but he didn't do as bad this time around. I mean, why would you even act like you lost your cool. If you smile, then it's a nervous tic or you're trying to look superior. People that like her take the smile as a victory, but people that don't like her take it as a sign of weakness or trickery.

I don't think he necessarily won with your line of choice, but he did a better job in this debate. It was a good line though, and I liked how he snapped back at her. He needs to act like this in the subsequent debates and not lose his cool.

Stuck on the Border

I thought Hillary did a remarkable job and I thought Trump was a sniffling, babbling mess. I thought his diversion from his bus tape comments to "fighting ISIS" was disgusting.

As far as trusting Hillary, I do trust her and the results of the investigations done on her make it even moreso.

It comes down to the lesser of two evils for some. For me it's no contest.

@WalshFan88, whatever happened with Benghazi didn't come into my mind when she spoke. I think that she's just full of it and she just says stuff to look good, just like how Donald says stuff to energize his base. She's too slick and I don't like how she tries to come up with a "good" answer for everything. I retort a lot of the things she says, since she just thinks that she's so right. You could actually apply this to anybody, but like I said, I think she's full of it, just like Donald, except w/ more political XP.

Whenever she brings up her qualifications and yada yada, it always comes to my mind that she would be nothing if Bill wasn't her husband. I don't think she could become Senator of NY and all those positions of power if she didn't have the name recognition. This isn't discrediting her intelligence because although she failed the DC bar, she at least passed it in Arkansas. All I'm saying is, the name recognition of her husband was the catalyst for her position now. Heck, to some people, there's really nothing wrong with this b/c why wouldn't you just use the name recognition of someone close to you for your own personal and professional gain? Donald sure did, since his dad was pretty well off and he expanded his father's wealth.

As for Trump's comments, I don't blame him for avoiding the question like that. There are more important things to worry about other than his conduct, but I do understand that it's a question affecting his character, which also affects how we perceive any possible actions from him.

I think it's a little funny that in 1992, a bigger deal was made about Bill being a draft dodger instead of reports of his philandering. But now, a bigger deal is made about Trump's lewd comments rather than him avoiding Vietnam through college deferments and bad feet. (I actually don't mind the bad feet part if it was legit, since my grandpa had flat feet and was told that he couldn't be drafted in the 442nd during WWII.) Boy, times have changed.

If she does win, I expect a recession to hit as a result of a continuation of Obama's policies. If it doesn't, then the economy is still going to remain at the sluggish 0.8 to at most 2% rate of GDP growth, like it has been for the last four quarters.

To me, the best case scenarios would be: Donald Trump gets a stroke, the 25th Amendment is invoked and Pence becomes president OR Hillary is just a one-term president. I highly doubt that she could go on for two terms, or we are really crazy.

Sorry if this last line or any of my previous statements are a bit harsh or offensive.

ETA: It comes down to who can hide the fact that they're just terrible, since a lot of candidates have flaws.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    As for Trump's comments, I don't blame him for avoiding the question like that. There are more important things to worry about other than his conduct, but I do understand that it's a question affecting his character, which also affects how we perceive any possible actions from him.
    I mostly agree with your post RCF except this part.

His conduct is a big deal. And yes, I do have high standards for a president. His character is very poor. Making fun of a disabled journalist, calling Mexicans rapists, banning all Muslims, the comments about women from the Megyn Kelly thing to Miss Universe, the bus tape was just icing on a cake with enough icing already.

I expect better of my president. I expect them to have self-restraint, a controllable temper or none at all, and one that doesn't discriminate ANYONE. I hold them to a higher standard than myself at times, but you don't see me running for the highest power of the United States and never will even if I could.

Is it as big or important as ISIS, of course no. But neither are the comments about Bill Clinton or comments about what Hillary has or hasn't done especially when she's been proven innocent. Those aren't as severe either, but Trump supporters and Trump himself have no problem bringing them up AGAIN and again. I have a problem with that. People have no problem ignoring Trump's conduct but seem to get all hot and bothered about something Hillary did that is just as minor (or major).

But I did expect him to answer the question and then and only then when the moderator changed the subject, stop talking about it. Instead of trying to slyly distract people with something that gets people worked up. He should have apologized like a man and admitted that he couldn't backpedal out of this and moved on. And he didn't do that, at all. He was grasping for straws. "But ISIS!!!".

Likewise, I'm sorry if it's harsh but it's the way I see it and I know I'm not alone.

That's totally understandable WalshFan88. I think Trump is a deplorable jerk beyond belief and his conduct absolutely sucks. If anyone can name a worse presidential candidate based on their behavior and what they've said, I would love to hear it. I abhor the fact that he's the guy who's representing the GOP's bid for the presidency.

He would have been okay if he stopped at the apology and didn't mention ISIS, but he can't keep his mouth shut. Because he can't shut up, it's why I said I don't blame him I know you don't agree with that statement, but let me elaborate on this. It's a standards thing and mine have been lowered for him, which is really bad b/c he's vying for the highest job in the US. Let me be clear, it's pathetic that my standards have been lowered and I don't find the things he says shocking anymore. I'm just way done with this circus.

Stuck on the Border

That's totally understandable WalshFan88. I think Trump is a deplorable jerk beyond belief and his conduct absolutely sucks. If anyone can name a worse presidential candidate based on their behavior and what they've said, I would love to hear it. I abhor the fact that he's the guy who's representing the GOP's bid for the presidency.

He would have been okay if he stopped at the apology and didn't mention ISIS, but he can't keep his mouth shut. Because he can't shut up, it's why I said I don't blame him I know you don't agree with that statement, but let me elaborate on this. It's a standards thing and mine have been lowered for him, which is really bad b/c he's vying for the highest job in the US. Let me be clear, it's pathetic that my standards have been lowered and I don't find the things he says shocking anymore. I'm just way done with this circus.
    I think the GOP have to be very upset at this point. He's bringing them down with him and I don't think that's ok, and I'm a Democrat. I think this election is historic for all of the wrong reasons...

I think Trump did a better job at debating this time around, but that's not saying much, considering the laughable disaster of the first presidential debate. It's a better sign that I didn't laugh as much at his comments this time around, and I didn't think it was like an SNL skit too.

I honestly can't trust or believe what comes out of Clinton's mouth. It's a little less so with Donald to an extent, but it's almost the same amount of disdain. These are just instincts rather than using rational thought because there's hardly any this election cycle.

ETA: @travlnman2, I'd have to agree with you on the smiling at some points. I think she just smiles to avoid looking wrong and to fool us into thinking that Donald is a complete fool. He is a fool, but he didn't do as bad this time around. I mean, why would you even act like you lost your cool. If you smile, then it's a nervous tic or you're trying to look superior. People that like her take the smile as a victory, but people that don't like her take it as a sign of weakness or trickery.

I don't think he necessarily won with your line of choice, but he did a better job in this debate. It was a good line though, and I liked how he snapped back at her. He needs to act like this in the subsequent debates and not lose his cool.
    Agree. If Hillary OR Trump wins this is how we are going to end up

That saying. Someone needs to respect Abe Lincoln quickly

Also has anoyone noticed that If Hillary is elected this country would have had 27 years of Bus/Clinton's in the white house?

We need new people.

Stuck on the Border

I'm thinking that Trump's conduct is the most important thing, at least in the long term. If he gets elected, the message being given to all americans is that it is acceptable for a powerful man to disrespect the majority of the population. As President he's a role model and he's demonstrating how you can be sucessful through bullying.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'm thinking that Trump's conduct is the most important thing, at least in the long term. If he gets elected, the message being given to all americans is that it is acceptable for a powerful man to disrespect the majority of the population. As President he's a role model and he's demonstrating how you can be sucessful through bullying.
    Absolutely UtW'