• We are screwed no matter what.

11 34.38%
  • Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

At the risk of torpedoing this thread once again, I will chime in and personally attest, as an American, that this election is in fact a total farce, one which makes the nastiness of 2012 look like the Cub Scouts by comparison.

As one who voted Marco Rubio in the Primaries and would have probably come to make peace with any of the other Republicans against the awful Hillary Clinton(even Jeb Bush, who was my very last choice for a while), I stare with incredulity at what I'm seeing on a day-to-day basis. Clinton is evasive, probably corrupt, and Trump is a downright frightening choice. There is no good choice, and Clinton's awfulness and flat out dishonesty rates as a lesser evil between her and Trump(I also can't stand Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate). Not someplace I ever thought we would be a year ago, though I did always think Trump would have staying power.

At least the 'Leave' people, like proper Englishmen, knew how to properly dress and how to frame their arguments in something resembling an intelligent way. The average Trump supporter...does neither of those things.

I'm leaning towards a write in vote for either Erin Burnett or Curtis Sliwa, though I could easily see voting Clinton/Kaine if I felt it was absolutely necessary(I live in a swing state, which increases the stakes considerably). The latter will make me a lot of enemies in the part of Georgia where I live, but I'm almost to the point of not caring at all. After all, while my distaste for Clinton is purely ideological, my distaste with Trump is moral. The former can be remedied by Republican retention of Congress. Aside from intervention of the Divine, I'm not sure how the latter can be helped.

BTW, a good piece on the latest Trump flap, the one regarding Skittles and Syrian refugees--Sinister is the word: https://theintercept.com/2016/09/20/...-at-nuremberg/
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Nigel Farage!!!!
    Like this?
    When a member of the audience asked the Ukip leader to explain his recent comments claiming staying in the EU may lead to more women being raped in Cologne style attacks.
    Farage told her to ‘just calm down’.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Still, though: compared to a certain braying jack-a$s who is currently running for president of the U.S., look how measured Mr. Farage's tone remains. The clip is brief, but he has a professional bearing.

WS82, I was thinking of writing in Lynda Carter's name; she played Wonder Woman on tv back in the 70s. She's going to be playing the president on the upcoming season of Super Girl, so I figure why not?

Wow, NMB! Thank you so much for bringing her to my attention. I hadn't thought of her in years. First time I saw her was in an episode of "Starsky and Hutch." I was 17 at the time, and she just blew my mind. Loved looking through Google Images' photo selection. Really made my day!

She's a good choice, but as far as female Presidents from TV go, I'd probably much sooner write in Julia Louis Dreyfuss from "Veep." I have strict criteria for my write in votes, and one of them is someone I can actually see serving in office in a competent way(I also don't vote for dead people). I would probably have to see Lynda Carter in her new role to make a determination on that end. I have given thought to voting for The Fonz or Spongebob Squarepants, but my desire to be serious about these things over-rides my urge to write in a name at random, hence my name-dropping of Burnett and Sliwa. I try to not be the same person I was two years ago, when I cast some write in votes for Bugs Bunny and Steely Dan for statewide office.

This will be the first time in the three election cycles in which I've voted that I'll not take advantage of early voting. Usually I'll do the early thing in case I'm dead by Election Day, but this year I want to take extra time just to make sure I get my vote exactly right. I don't understand these states that have 1-2 months of early voting. One of the reasons Donnie Dangerously did as well as he did in the early Primaries was because of people doing early voting prior to their seeing his atrocious debate performances and changing their minds.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I honestly can't believe that Georgia is a swing state. It's normally dark red. My American Government professor is pretty certain that it'll be red in the end.

I'm honestly interested in the first debate Monday Night. My college is showing it live to students and the public, and my government professor is offering extra credit to those of us who attend, so I'll definitely be watching it.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WS82Classics View Post
    Wow, NMB! Thank you so much for bringing her to my attention. I hadn't thought of her in years.
    Ms. Carter has a Facebook page; she seems like a lovely lady. When she announced she'd be playing the president on tv, lots of people expressed that she was a far more appealing choice than the current candidates.

I think her husband was in political office. Maybe she will run some day.

Here is what I think.

Hillary-Liar-Corrupt-Caused The death of Fournamericans.- Hypocrite-Nasty-Deplorable-Divider-Third Term Of Obama-Unhealthy-Two Faces-Criminal

Trump-Says mean things.

Voting for Trump(if my 18th birthday wasn't a week after the election.)

Hillary is a criminal she should be in jail plain and simple.

Hillary is far more dangerous then Trump and the facts prove it.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Can anyone put these rulers and candidates into an order from worst leader or potential leader to best?

Hillary Clinton
    Donald Trump
    Barak Obama
    Ronald Regan
    Theresa May
    Tony Blair
    David Cameron
    Hassan Rouhani
    King George III
    Genghis Khan
    Kim Jong-Un
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Vladimir Putin

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Can anyone put these rulers and candidates into an order from worst leader or potential leader to best?

Hillary Clinton
    Donald Trump
    Barak Obama
    Ronald Regan
    Theresa May
    Tony Blair
    David Cameron
    Hassan Rouhani
    King George III
    Genghis Khan
    Kim Jong-Un
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Vladimir Putin
    Worst to best: Trump, Putin, Kim Jong-Un, Obama, Rouhani, Clinton, Reagan, King George III, Cameron, Blair, May, Gorbachev, and Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Here is what I think.

Hillary-Liar-Corrupt-Caused The death of Fournamericans.- Hypocrite-Nasty-Deplorable-Divider-Third Term Of Obama-Unhealthy-Two Faces-Criminal

Trump-Says mean things.
    As to Benghazi, there's some chance it might have still happened if she hadn't been SoS or if McCain had been President in place of Obama. It seems there was more to it than just the after-effects of the President's Libya policy, though it certainly did play its role. We'll never truly know.

As to Trump, I might vote for him if it were just the Junior High insults he's levelled. However, he is entirely too cozy with Vladimir Putin's Communist regime and also openly fantasizes about doing...certain unsavory things with his eldest daughter.

There's also all this horridness: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...y-clinton.html
    http://www.inquisitr.com/3367307/why...2016-election/
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/a-th...-donald-trump/

And that's just scratching the surface with Trump. I would pity our country if he won.
    All carrot, no stick.