Quote Originally Posted by mimi g View Post
I see by the majority of the comments I've read here that this is a conservative republican echo chamber with the usual, uninformed right-wing talking points.

I leave you to your darkness & ignorance.....
Let's please be respectful of one another and refrain from name-calling. It doesn't help your argument any when you come across as rude.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
Dreamer, I understand your point about Trump's stance on immigration. But it's not like the wall Trump wants to build won't have a door. He welcomes those that want to work hard for their American citizenship. He's trying to keep out those that want a free ride from the government or could be dangerous.

mimi, I'm not seeing how the Republican Congress is offensive. Am I happy with every law they've passed? No. Do I wish they would pass more laws that are important? Yes. But it could be much worse. For example, if there was a Democratic Congress, our 2nd Amendment rights probably would be non existent or heavily limited right now. The right to keep and bear arms is very important to my family and me because we live on a farm with many animals that need to be protected mainly from possums, raccoons, and coyotes. Also, knowing that my family has firearms makes me feel much more comfortable in case of attack. I know I can defend myself if something happened and I'm not unarmed and helpless. That is another reason why I support Trump. He wants to preserve the 2nd Amendment. He's a member of the NRA himself! Hillary won't even admit that keeping and bearing arms is a Constitutional right. It seems that she doesn't respect the Constitution of the United States of America.
Well, I am in favor of protecting our borders, but I object to the notion of building a wall. But, even more disturbing to me about Trump’s immigration policy is that he has said he intends to legally challenge the 14th amendment. He knows that he would never be able to get the amendment repealed so he will use the court system to try to deport immigrants that are already citizens in this country.

And as far as Hillary’s position on the 2nd Amendment, it is frequently misinterpreted by her opponents. Here is what she in her DNC acceptance speech:

“I’m not here to repeal the 2nd Amendment. I’m not here to take away your guns. I just don't want you to be shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun in the first place.”

So SRMW – you have absolutely nothing to fear because Hillary Clinton’ policies on gun control won’t affect people like you one bit. Even if it were true that she wanted to repeal the 2nd Amendment, it would be virtually impossible for her to do that. The framers of our Constitution made it extremely difficult to amend it and they did that on purpose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_amendment (Scroll down the the U.S.)