0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

As I've said, a lot of the South WAS racist, and from what I've seen the ones that post the flag or wave it all the time are very likely to be racist. I never said the Republicans had anything to do or not with the flag, that was separate.

You can call it whatever you want but racism is wrong and discrimination against homosexuals is wrong.

Again, I'm not saying it's all of the south but Skynyrd DID stop using it BECAUSE it was inflammatory. They may not think so themselves, but they know other people do. They themselves KNOW that. But it's the skinheads and groups like the KKK and the ones who are still in that mindset that have made it something else.

http://www.salon.com/2012/09/21/lyny...federate_flag/

Again, it's not so much the flag as it is the mentality of those who wave it so proudly tend to be bigoted and racist and proud of it and when I see that flag, it pisses me off. No one can deny the South WAS racist and there are some "rednecks" that still are very much so and are not very forward and modern thinking. I support a more modern viewpoint in that equality is number one today. You have to move with the times and it's inappropriate IMO to be against that in 2016. I like to think that most country folk/rednecks and southerners are against racism and use it for southern pride. But the "bad" ones have ruined it and most people view it in a bad light.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-15-2016 at 12:50 AM.