Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

It was healing for me. I'm going to bed now, but I will share more later.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It was healing for me. I'm going to bed now, but I will share more later.
    I'm glad to hear that.

I'm happy for all that went. I believe times with friends reminiscing and taking in memories and things related to an event or someone passing helps, family or not. It's like those that go to Ground Zero to pay their respects. I've been there once.

I need to make a trip to LA someday. I mean I've been to Nashville, I'd love to go to the other big music capital. I've also been to NY, but IMO the music I like back then came out of LA, and the new music I like now comes out of Nashville.

I'd hit up all of the Eagles related places and sights, but I'd also love to go the Whisky, Rainbow, and a lot of the places a lot of my favorite 70s/80s rockers hung out at. I'd also go and just check out the music stuff there. I'm a Nashville guy as far as frequent trips (because of location and I love it there, now that it's not twangy C&W music lol except in the bars maybe) but I should go to LA too.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It was healing for me.
    I'm glad to hear that.

When you're rested up: was Cap Rock where the Eagles had their ... experience? That's surprising as it's one of the most-visited and accessible stops on the park road, or so it seemed to me when I visited in 2005.

OT: I had a strange vibe, a very agitated feeling, all the while I was in the Joshua Tree area. I couldn't wait to get out of there, and I don't know why. Bad mojo in the air. I should go back sometime and see if it feels different to me.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm so glad to hear that too. I was thinking of you all this whole weekend.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I hope you all had a lovely time & that some healing took place as well. I was with you in spirit.
    Thanks GL. It certainly was cathartic to be together as a group. No one outside of his fans really understands how it's been the last year. I think too making our memorial, eating Glenn 's favourite meal in Dan Tanas, going to Jacks concert and talking to him afterwards as well as other things that we did together certainly helped ease the heartache.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I just put some details in the "Remembering Glenn Frey" thread.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Finally checking in! I've been crazy busy since getting home last Wednesday evening! And I'm swamped at work this week! Ugh!

Anyway, I had a wonderful time! Meeting everyone, seeing all the sites we did. Our memorial for Glenn. It was just an awesome experience for me! Thank you to HB, Ga, Lissa, Soda, and especially Dreamer, who stayed an extra couple days and showed me what the rest of us didn't get to see! It was so cool to also see Jack Tempchin! You could hear the heartbreak in his voice as he sang Glenn's songs and especially the one he wrote for Glenn.

Amazing experience I will never forget! Love ya, girls!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm busy playing 'catch up' at work too, Brooke, but the trip was worth it. It was wonderful meeting and getting to know you better and I'm so glad we were able to see so much on the trip. It was truly an Eagles experience shared with a great bunch of ladies. Thanks to all of you for a wonderful time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Even though I just go the 2 days it was wonderful meeting all of you ladies. I definitely felt it was worth doing - I hope we get to do the same again
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP