WS82, I'm sorry you can't come.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
I was in Los Angeles for a few days last week and finally got to a show at the famed Troubadour. For reasons unknown to me, they don't use the famous front bar anymore (except that's where the restrooms are). They kept it in darkness, which is unfortunate because there is some memorabilia on the walls that would've been nice to get a better look at. In the front right-hand corner is the Eagles section: there is a signed photo of the band (Timothy edition, Long Run era I believe) and a framed cover of the live album. That's it, as far as I could make out.
Was it blocked off and completely dark? When Dreamer, HB, and I went recently, it was somewhat dark and empty except for the bartender and a guy selling merchandise, but open. It's just that when there's a show, people hurry past the front bar to go into the backroom. It was nice for us, because we were able to order drinks and look at the memorabilia without bumping into others. I've been there on a weekend when the front bar is so packed you can't even get the bartender's attention.

If it was completely blocked off, I imagine it's just a temporary thing. I guess we'll see in January!