Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Buy a guitar signed by the Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Thanks for your vote of confidence, Claire - you'll have to hear me first, though, to be able to assess my abilities! It sounds like you really enjoy your music - I hope your band will get to performing live soon. You asked about Fender Telecasters - well, I have only tried playing one once, and it's very impressive. It has a distinctive sound - perfect for country rock songs, particularly a song like "Lyin' Eyes". My friend, who is a huge Eagles fan and who plays lead guitar in our band, owns a Telecaster, and I just flip when he plays those "Lyin' Eyes" riffs on it. It's just not as versatile as a Stratocaster. The Strat has a tremolo arm (Hank Marvin of The Shadows made good use of it!), which the telecaster doesn't - that's one obvious difference. I suppose I'll have to learn to play both properly to go into more detail, but until that day comes, that is all I can tell you! Until my ship comes in , I'll have to be happy playing an acoustic.
    Thanks for your comments about the Telecasters MF! I'm really interested in trying one now.
    A friend just lent me his Stratocaster for a few weeks and I can really attest it's versatile as you said! I love this guitar ...

Well, I'm just very impressed by all of you who can play an instrument. My son has a Gibson Les Paul (Epiphone version) in sunburst red (remind you of anyone? ) and can play a few licks on it quite well.

GA, did you ever hear back from samsclub?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

That's what I want......a Les Paul But I think I want one in either white with he black trim or black

Default guitar

Hi GA, just checking in to see if you've heard anything back about the guitar?
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Samsclub won't entertain requests to sent things out of the US, although I have pestered them several times. Someone on the board is doing a lot on the US end of things for me. We're very hopeful.....PLEASE keep fingers crossed
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Good luck, GA! I know how desperately you want the guitar!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Thanks for the good wishes MF! Keep Praying!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well if anyone wants to know why I have an earsplitting grin on my face at the moment its because

MY GUITAR ARRIVED TODAY!
    Its gorgeous and I love it!

Many thanks to all of you for your support, good wishes and encouragement, particularly last December when it looked like it might not happen.

And Soda in particular without which it WOULDN'T have happened

It arrived while I was out. Hubby took it in. The only thing he noticed was the valuation . Luckily he's placid enough.

He suggested I keep it in the attic office at night in case we are broken into.

Not a hope sunshine....He's working tonight My guitar will be in my BED! I'll waken up on Valentines morning beside Glenn ....or his sig anyway

Pics wil follow when I can get a bit more spruced up.

Once again, thanks for the support everyone.

Wow! I've just realised that this is my 1300th post!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Congratulations on that guitar GA, that is really great!!! And of course to your 1300th post, but that is secondary today I think.

I wonder if you will get any sleep tonight with that bedfellow.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

WOW! Congratulations to you That is FANTASTIC. Cannot wait to see a picture.