Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy a guitar signed by the Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Claire, it's great for you and GA that the exchange rates in Euro are good. Unfortunately, it is around 8 South African Rand to the US Dollar right now (and has been for a long time), so $2,500.00 translates into R20,000.00. Ouch! If I could afford it, I'd buy one, as I love the sound of the Takamine guitars - especially the 12-string guitars that Glenn plays. It would have been more tempting if it were a Fender Telecaster, which is the electric guitar that I'd like to buy for myself - I already have an acoustic. By the way, Claire - are you a musician? Are you involved in a band?
    Yes MF, I started playing the piano when I was about 6 then stopped for some years... Now I'm trying to work it again (I'm learning The Last Resort at this time ). I play the guitar too, occasionally in a band. I'm planning to get a Fender Stratocaster (quite a classic model but I was blown away when I tried it!). I love the Takamines sound too, you won't be disappointed if you get one GA! Good luck!
    And you MF, are you playing in a band?
    Wow, Claire - I wish I could play the piano. I tinkered with the keyboard as a child, but only played with one hand, i.e. I didn't learn piano chords. When I started playing guitar, that became my passion, so I never got round to learning to play the piano properly . I might just consider taking lessons at some point - I don't know when, though.

To answer your question: yes, I do play in a band - I've been involved in two gigging bands over 5 years, and before that I was always doing music in some form or another, whether it be performing in the high school's beauty pageant, the school choir, performing for friends or a house (non-gigging) band. I'm strictly a rhythm guitarist - that's why I wouldn't consider buying a Fender Stratocaster, as it would be wasted on me! It's a fantastically versatile guitar, so you'll get many hours of pleasure from it if you decide to buy one. It's great that you play in a band too. You go, girl! Do you sing? I sing lead vocals in the band in which I play, and we have three Eagles songs in our repertoire: "Tequila Sunrise", "Lyin' Eyes" and "Hotel California", all of which I have the pleasure of singing!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Well the good news is that they have some Black ones in stock with the sigs in Gold. They look really classy even though the blonde would have been my first choice. The bad news is that they don't seem to recognise Ireland on their delivery list/membership list. So I've emailed them to see if there's anything they can do for me. But I doubt it . If anyone has any contacts or brainwaves would you mind getting in touch please. I'd appreciate it. Thanks
    I hope you manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat, GA - I know how much you want one of those guitars.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks MF. I appreciate the support. There are a few rabbits starting to peek out
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow GA - I sure hope you get a chance to purchase one of the signed guitars. That would definitely be very cool.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default signed guitar

Hope the "luck of the Irish" stands you in good stead GA...we're all pulling for you.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks....everyone

I emailed samsclub on Thursday evening but haven't heard back from them yet. We'll have to see.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Wow GA, you want to buy this guitar? That's cool! I'll cross my fingers for you.

Wow, Claire - I wish I could play the piano. I tinkered with the keyboard as a child, but only played with one hand, i.e. I didn't learn piano chords. When I started playing guitar, that became my passion, so I never got round to learning to play the piano properly . I might just consider taking lessons at some point - I don't know when, though.

To answer your question: yes, I do play in a band - I've been involved in two gigging bands over 5 years, and before that I was always doing music in some form or another, whether it be performing in the high school's beauty pageant, the school choir, performing for friends or a house (non-gigging) band. I'm strictly a rhythm guitarist - that's why I wouldn't consider buying a Fender Stratocaster, as it would be wasted on me! It's a fantastically versatile guitar, so you'll get many hours of pleasure from it if you decide to buy one. It's great that you play in a band too. You go, girl! Do you sing? I sing lead vocals in the band in which I play, and we have three Eagles songs in our repertoire: "Tequila Sunrise", "Lyin' Eyes" and "Hotel California", all of which I have the pleasure of singing!
    You should try the piano MF! It seems you play the guitar since many years so it shouldn't be so difficult for you, as you probably already know much about music! By the way, you're a really active musician, I'm impressed! I've never performed live with a band but I would love to give it a try...
    Actually, I don't sing in my band, we're mostly working musical parts for the moment (we have a lead singer though), and we don't rehearse really regularly... Though, I spend many hours playing on my own and I enjoy singing, (particularly on Eagles songs so I can understand the pleasure you have by doing lead vocals in those you mentionned! )
    By the way, how are the Fender Telecasters? I've never tried one...

GA, I've just seen the black takamine on samsclub's website and... !!! I absolutely love it! Hope you'll let us know if you manage to get one

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Thanks....everyone

I emailed samsclub on Thursday evening but haven't heard back from them yet. We'll have to see.
    Wow, this is getting nail biting LOL. We are all on the edge of our seats GA hoping you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire

You should try the piano MF! It seems you play the guitar since many years so it shouldn't be so difficult for you, as you probably already know much about music! By the way, you're a really active musician, I'm impressed! I've never performed live with a band but I would love to give it a try...
    Actually, I don't sing in my band, we're mostly working musical parts for the moment (we have a lead singer though), and we don't rehearse really regularly... Though, I spend many hours playing on my own and I enjoy singing, (particularly on Eagles songs so I can understand the pleasure you have by doing lead vocals in those you mentionned! )
    By the way, how are the Fender Telecasters? I've never tried one...
    Thanks for your vote of confidence, Claire - you'll have to hear me first, though, to be able to assess my abilities! It sounds like you really enjoy your music - I hope your band will get to performing live soon. You asked about Fender Telecasters - well, I have only tried playing one once, and it's very impressive. It has a distinctive sound - perfect for country rock songs, particularly a song like "Lyin' Eyes". My friend, who is a huge Eagles fan and who plays lead guitar in our band, owns a Telecaster, and I just flip when he plays those "Lyin' Eyes" riffs on it. It's just not as versatile as a Stratocaster. The Strat has a tremolo arm (Hank Marvin of The Shadows made good use of it!), which the telecaster doesn't - that's one obvious difference. I suppose I'll have to learn to play both properly to go into more detail, but until that day comes, that is all I can tell you! Until my ship comes in , I'll have to be happy playing an acoustic.