Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Shun, did you and Soda enjoy your time in Memphis? I've been wanting to visit there for years; it's one of the most important musical places, as you know. But! It worries me a little that it might not be safe.

In other news, I was visiting Santa Cruz in the Channel Islands on Sunday, and asked the guide about Joe Walsh's connection to the island. He showed me where Joe lands in a helicopter every year to help the church in their festival. The island is considered a sacred place by many people.

OT: the fellow I rented my car from in L.A. met Glenn several years ago at a bar near Marina del Rey. He told me the name of the place, which I promptly forgot. Starts with a t? Anyway, the guy - a very tall man from Finland - reported that Glenn was short, friendly and very humble. The latter quality impressed him the most, that someone with that kind of fame and fortune would extend his hand and say, "Hi, I'm Glenn." This anecdote was prompted by my phone emitting a brief blast of "Seven Bridges Road" before I muted it. The Finn immediately identified it, from just a few seconds, which impressed me.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 08-18-2016 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Shun, did you and Soda enjoy your time in Memphis? I've been wanting to visit there for years; it's one of the most important musical places, as you know. But! It worries me a little that it might not be safe.
    Soda and I had a lot of fun. I hate we didn't get to sit together, but I really enjoyed hanging with her and her showing me Memphis. We're not that far off in age. So it was cool to hang with someone who was close to my age.

Memphis is not really bad. I enjoyed there. We probably weren't in the "bad" part of the city. LOL With the protest that happened a month ago, I didn't see any while we were there. Their was suppose to be protest going on in Memphis, but I think they stayed by Graceland which is where they say they were going to protest at. It was for something else not with what happened.

Other than we wanted to get out of Memphis because their would be a lot of drunks on the road from the concert, I felt safe other than that.

What concert did you all attend?

I heard about some kind of protest at Graceland but don't know what it's about. I'll look into it.

Joe was in Memphis at the Mud Island Amphitheatre.

Cool! I'll check that thread then.

The Graceland protest was about economic inequality in Memphis.

Border Troubadour

So I've been watching the Olympics and maybe it's just me but I was looking at the tennis final between Andy Murray and Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina and he kept reminding me of someone....and then it struck me, I think he's a little like Glenn?

Save
    Save
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Yep, I can see that. The boy needs to grow his hair long and cultivate a droopy mustache.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Woah, I can totally see it too DD!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

That has been said before, and my response is no.

And the 'long hair & droopy moustache' look was for a couple of years, not Glenn's whole life.....

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm with FP. I don't see any similarities between Glenn and him.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time