Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    buffy, I've been watching it and love it! They've really made it interesting being part documentary. I've learned lots. Maybe I'd forgotten some of it since school, but I know it wasn't as interesting!
    I love it too and I really like how Stephen David Entertainment is doing these shows. It's such a different take than a regular documentary or biopic. I too feel like I'm learning way more than I did in school, same with the "Making of the Mob" series.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I saw the Crazy Horse episode; it was really good. It reminded me of Neil Young though, not the Eagles

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The book I'm reading is a fictional book involving Elvis, which reminds me of Glenn's nickname he had for himself.

Reba McEntire will be the guest judge on America's Got Talent tonight. When I saw her, I thought of Don since he sang on her duets album.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I was watching the news today (out of Boston) and the weather report called for very high temperatures for the next couple of days. After the weather one of the news reporters said to the other, "The heat is on. Do you know who sang that - Glenn Frey".

I just watched the movie "Everybody Wants Some!!" and it's set in 1980 and I kept getting so many Eagles reminders especially as the hairstyles, facial hair, and outfits were totally from the "Long Run" era!!! LOL It's somewhat of a sequel to Richard Linklater's other film "Dazed and Confused" about a college baseball team in Texas and they actually did use Joe's song "All Night Long" in the film as well as many others from the late 70s and early 80s. I also saw in an article with Entertainment Weekly that Richard used the Eagles song "I Can't Tell You Why" on his playlist for the film and it has 500 songs total so it's safe to assume the entire "Long Run" album was on it.

But there were some funny similarities too with a scene where Tyler Hoechlin's character McReynolds got so mad after losing a game of ping pong to Blake Jenner's freshman character Jake and he started going off on the other characters till one yelled "Shut up Glenn! You're such a sore loser." Till that moment we didn't know McReynolds' first name and I burst out laughing as this Glenn also had the mustache!!! LOL

Then my personal favorite character Finnegan ended up being played by a newer actor named Glen Powell and there were two characters who reminded me of Joe Walsh including Wyatt Russell's character Wiloughby. Jake also reminded me of Randy & Timothy during a scene as one of the girls liked him because he was "the quiet, sweet one". And there was this crazy pitcher on the team that the others said he was like that because he was from Detroit. LOL

I loved it and it's been so long since I've seen a good baseball movie/comedy.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

The first trailer for Marvel's "Iron Fist" came out at Comic Con last night and the actor who plays Iron Fist/Danny Rand, Finn Jones, kind of looks like 70s Don with the curly hair and the beard. I know he was on "Game of Thrones" recently but now is part of the Marvel Netflix shows and was the last missing piece for "The Defenders" miniseries that'll air next year and team up the four New York characters with "Daredevil", "Jessica Jones", and "Luke Cage". So there's another younger actor if they ever make an Eagles biopic. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Yesterday, I stayed for the support English class after the regular English class was over with. I wanted to do some work and ask the teacher some questions since yesterday was the last class for my English course. As I started to look at what I had to do by Monday in all my classes, I started stressing out some. The amount of work was more than I had expected. My teacher saw me mutter a few comments to myself about this, so she came over to my computer to offer help and to calm me down. The first thing she told me was "Take it easy." I had to smile at the very commonly said, but usually unknown reference to the Eagles. That smile helped me to relax a bit, which helped me to realize that I needed to take my work one step at a time.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

My favourite team Liverpool FC were playing second tier Huddersfield Town in a friendly game yesterday at Huddersfield's home stadium, which is now called The John Smith Stadium. This reminded me of the Eagles because they played this venue on the Hell Freezes Over tour back in 1996 when it was called the Alfred McAlpine Stadium.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Was driving around Sautee, GA, earlier today, and came across a place called "Bernie's Restaurant."

Predictably, the first person who crossed my mind was 'Magic Fingers' himself.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Jonny, isn't there a brand of lager in Britain called John Smith? It's a delicious golden elixir as I hazily recall. Is that what the stadium is named for?