Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

NMB, I saw that get mentioned on the news and I immediately thought of the guys too. LOL

I had two things that randomly reminded me of Glenn today. One was seeing the Funko Pop Vinyl figures I collect are debuting "Ferris Bueller" ones based off the movie and one is of Ferris' best friend Cameron, but I forgot Cameron's last name in the movie is Frye, but pronounced exactly like Frey. LOL I love that movie and can't believe I forgot that.

The 2nd was seeing pictures of Paul Rudd since he's in the latest "Captain America" movie that I'll hopefully be seeing this weekend, and realizing that Paul could have totally played Glenn in a movie, especially in the 90s/early 2000s. He probably still could since Paul stopped aging and barely looks 40. LOL If you look back when Paul was in the "Anchorman" movies his character Brian had the long hair and mustache almost identical to Glenn on the "Hotel California" album/era. LOL Also, in the "Wet Hot American Summer" movie/Netflix show Paul's character wears a jean jacket and aviator shades a ton as it's set in 1981. Then Paul kind of even dresses now like how Glenn did later with a lot of flannel and blue/gray dress shirts over a white shirt. I've also seen Paul play guitar, keyboards, and sing many times, and play baseball. I've been a fan of Paul's since I first saw "Clueless" in 1996 and can't believe I didn't notice the resemblance before now. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Found this today and had to buy it immediately.

Last edited by Anna-M.; 05-14-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    "Your prison is walking through this world all alone ..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

And who could blame you - excellent purchase!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    And who could blame you - excellent purchase!

Yes, indeed. I'm quite proud of it.
    Last edited by Anna-M.; 05-14-2016 at 06:08 PM.
    "Your prison is walking through this world all alone ..."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That's a cool coffee mug.

The book I'm reading, American Woman by Robert Pobi, has made me think of Glenn twice so far. The surname of one of the antagonists is Deacon, and a minor character's surname is Freytag.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Anna, of course you had to buy it! Well done!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    That's normal for me when I'm reading too, especially if the character's names are the same. But I'll do it too if the character's physical and/or personality description matches a celeb or person I know in real life.
    I do that, but I couldn't tell you why. When I read "The Lovely Bones" a few years ago, I pictured the dad as Don Henley. This was well before I developed an incurable condition known as Eagles-on-the-brain.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Not really a 'little' thing, but this story that's been in the news about a biker brawl in Texas puts sounds from the Eagles' "Desperado" album in my head, particularly the song "Outlaw Man."
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I was watching an interview this morning with an actress I like Krysten Ritter and she talked about learning a method of acting called the "Meisner technique". I didn't know there was one called that and it was developed around the 30s/40s and a lot of well known actors use this method.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Yes, I saw a bit of the Actor's Studio with Jeff Daniels (I wish I saw the whole thing, he's an interesting guy) and someone from the audience asked him about the Meisner Technique. I think Jeff may be an adherent of this approach because his main advice was to get out of your head and act instinctively, and that's basically the definition:

The focus of the Meisner approach is for the actor to "get out of their head," such as that the actor is behaving instinctively to the surrounding environment.