Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New photos from the Deluxe Edition

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Holy crap, these are great! Thanks for posting them, Molly! I'm off to Walmart today!
    The two Wal-Marts I went to this morning didn't have the deluxe edition out, so don't get your hopes up. Guess I'll just have to go back Tuesday.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures, Molly. I have new wallpaper!

yeah the Walmart I went to didn't have it either. I will go back on Tuesday and do my christmas shopping at the same time! But the good news is I found another Eagles Cd i have been looking for(the Eagles Live CD) and Dad is getting me that for Christmas instead so... when I do get the deluxe LROOE, I get to open it immediately :P

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So, why did they make 2 versions? I just don't get this at all, other than to tempt the hardcore fans into spending more money for a couple pictures!

Really!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I was talking to a friend about this and I believe this was timed to get the "Christmas" market... You should have seen the Santas and other elaborate christmas displays already set up in walmart.

One other thing I noticed when I was in walmart today.. they have re-usuable shopping bags you can purchase for 95 cents and have this under the title of "Save the enviroment, buy these bags and re-use them!"

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    So, why did they make 2 versions? I just don't get this at all, other than to tempt the hardcore fans into spending more money for a couple pictures!

Really!
    I think you're totally correct, Brooke. Don't think it didn't cross my mind that I hope I'm helping send the Eagles' offspring to really good colleges as I opened the second LROOE I purchased in less than a month!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I've purchased a second one too and it isn't even the deluxe one. I wanted to get a T-shirt on the official site and couldn't get it without the album. Must be the most expensive t-shirt I've ever bought!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Will the people who bought this alleged 'deluxe' edition please tell me why they felt they needed physical copies of a couple of extra photos that Molly has very kindly posted for free.

It completely sticks in my craw that a recording from 1978 has been included on this thing. I am not going to shell out any more money to soothe Don Felder's hurt feelings. Sorry. In any case it is probably not available in Australia.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting those pics, Molly - they are amazing. But dammit! Now, I am probably going to buy the deluxe edition, even though I originally said I wasn't and even though I have two copies of the 'undeluxe' CDs. I want that booklet, plus I like collecting all things that the guys put out. They are counting on us hardcores for this, of course. In their defense, it is nice to have a choice since the 'undeluxe' version really is a bargain. It would have been better, however, if they had both been released at the same time so that the choice could have been made then. Oh well, the guys are awesome marketer's as well as talented musicians i.e. re-releasing the F1 DVD with the bonus CD and selling it at a bargain price. Actually, I'm not too upset about this - one thing I like about the packaging of the 'undeluxe' version is that it fits in my box set with all the other studio albums.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

It would have been better, however, if they had both been released at the same time so that the choice could have been made then.
    Yes, that would have been much better. Probably I had bought the deluxe edition then. But in this case I don't want to throw my money away just to get these pictures which are sure very nice.

Default Re: New photos from the Deluxe Edition

Molly, thank you SO much for posting those stunning pictures. I'm looking forward to my Deluxe edition even more now! I'll reserve my comment on the money-making angle of the discussion on these pages... (clearing throat). I just wanted to say, though, that this pic of Glenn is just AWESOME.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down