Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh @ Mud Island Amphitheatre - Memphis, TN - August 13, 2016

Default Re: Joe Walsh @ Mud Island Amphitheatre - Memphis, TN - August 13, 2016

You didn't miss much with the AmEx and Ticketmaster presales. They're usually crap. It's the VIP sales that really take up the good stuff.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I did better than I thought! I got Section B (center is C) Row 5! The only drawback is it's off to the side - it's seat 3, when the far side is 1 - but since there's an A section on the other side of me, I figure it can't be too horrifically off to the side. It's probably about 18 seats over from the far, far side. I imagine I'll be in front of the guy who does the sound effects that Joe is kind enough to put on stage and introduce as part of the band.

There were also center seats available further back - 11th row, 18th row. It was a hard call whether to go with 11th row Center or 5th row off to the side, but with a 6 row difference, I opted for the side view. The only problem would be if equipment blocks my view - then I'd regret my choice! Hopefully, that won't happen.

At any rate, these tickets are much better than one usually gets at the opening of a general sale. If this is true to form, better ones will probably pop up occasionally later, but I didn't want to take a chance. You never know nowadays.

Good luck to shun!

Thanks, Soda. I will order my ticket at lunchtime.

I will try to be near you.

I saw the setup of the stage on the seat map chart, I don't think you will too far from the center. I think the upper part of the place, they do have a warning about limited viewing. If you didn't get that when you were getting your tickets, you're probably good. I'm thinking about taking my lunch at 11:00 than at noon. LOL

The earlier, the better, shun. The site claims it is "unable to process ticket requests" now when you try to get normal tickets, but it's able to bring up platinum tickets just fine. The cynical part of me wonders if this "glitch" is because they want to get people panicked so they buy platinum or VIP tickets. If it's still like that when you try later, just be persistent at checking back. I have a feeling they will find a way to "process" regular tickets again soon.

Also, it sometimes works to try to get them via the Ticketmaster app through your mobile phone when the site isn't producing.

Finally, be aware of an unpleasant surprise: though the tickets are billed as $79.50, you discover upon purchase that they add over $20 in fees (a 25% markup). The final price is $100.80. For some reason I thought Ticketmaster had stopped the huge hidden fees but I was obviously wrong.

Yeah. I saw it was 100.80 total. I was shocked, but not really surprise since this is Ticketmaster. Luckily I left that much in my account. I made sure to leave 100.00 dollars. I had a feeling it was going to be near or close to a 100.00. It is kinda stupid that you have a 79.50 ticket and it still comes out to 100.00.

There's a claim going around where you can get a few dollars off your ticket, but it doesn't start until June 18th I think. They send me an email about this and told me I'm eligible to get it since I bought tickets between 1994 and 2014. I think

Shun, the 11th row center seat is still available. It's the one by itself, and it's the only remaining one in the C section that's not VIP. I recommend you get it.

I got it. Yehaw. Sorry I didn't get back. I had stepped away from my desk and I didn't want to use my phone to reply.

I think that was the only seat left in the center last night. I guess everybody that's buying either what to be further back or they are going with more than one person.

Its official. I'll be seeing Joe in August with Soda. I'm so excited. My first time seeing an Eagle.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congrats to shun and Soda for getting good tickets!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yehaw!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

It's a great seat, shun. We'll have a blast!

There are still a good number of VIP seats left. I think Memphians are a little more reluctant to spend the extra money on a ticket than in other towns. Maybe that's why the rock stars skip over the city so much!