Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Will Not Go Quietly

Out on the Border eagleshenleyfan's Avatar

Default I Will Not Go Quietly

Anyone else besides myself a fan of this track? I think it's a great rockin' tune, some great vocals from Don as usual and it contains a great backing vocal from another one of my fav artists Axl Rose!!

LOVE the song! I could listen to "well come on over here baby...'bout to give me a heart attack....I wanna wrap my lovin' arms around the small of your back" over and over and OVER again

I love this song too. I heard it live in Dallas and it ROCKED!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Count me in as another one who loves this song. It rocks!!! Maleah, those are my favorite lines in the song as well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I love it, too! Don went up a few cool notches with my teenage son by having Axl Rose appear on the song.

Default DH song

Me too, would you believe I just stumbled on this one recently? I bought a cassette of Actual Miles for my van and heard it on there. Love it!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

This song is one of my all-time favorite Don songs. It completely rocks!
    One of my fondest wishes was to hear it live, and that wish came true when I was with Soda this summer & we heard Don sing it live in Dallas. Then I got to hear it again the next night in OKC. It was unbelievable!

I'm with you Maleah, I could listen to these lyrics over & over again too: "Well, come on over here baby...'bout to give me a heart attack....I wanna wrap my lovin' arms around the small of your back...I wanna pull you, pull you, pull you, pull you right up close to me.....
    YEAH."

Out on the Border eagleshenleyfan's Avatar

That's great you guys got to hear it live in person, I would love to. The only live clip that I've saw of it was on Youtube, it was from the Tokyo gig in '89 that Don did.
    Does anymore live footage of this song exist?

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I'm with you Maleah, I could listen to these lyrics over & over again too: "Well, come on over here baby...'bout to give me a heart attack....I wanna wrap my lovin' arms around the small of your back...I wanna pull you, pull you, pull you, pull you right up close to me.....
    YEAH."
    Well, that makes 3 of us who love those lyrics! Oh, the image those lyrics conjure up...I can't tell you how happy am I to have found this board and other like-minded Don fans.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    YEAH."
    Well, that makes 3 of us who love those lyrics! Oh, the image those lyrics conjure up...I can't tell you how happy am I to have found this board and other like-minded Don fans.
    We can't tell you how happy we are that you have found us, too!

(And believe me, I know exactly what kind of image those lyrics conjure up! )