Count me as another non-fan of the radio version of Lyin' Eyes. Shun has described the differences in the edited version very well, and I totally agree that it butchers the song. It is such a shame to do this to such a story-based song, especially as I think it removes several of the most important lines - we never meet the man the woman is cheating with, and we immediately go from hearing about her leaving the house to pouring herself a strong one, which makes no sense. I sometimes wonder how I would have felt had I heard the radio version before the full one, I suspect hearing the 'additional' verses would have delighted me It feels like ripping the pages out of a book and I hate that, especially as I believe Don and Glenn wrote verses that weren't used. As a result, hearing Lyin' Eyes on the radio is a bit of a strange one for me as I love the song but really don't like the edit.

Radio edits in general are a funny thing because I think there are some songs that do need one - the classic example is probably Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love, where removing the somewhat bizarre and radio-unfriendly jam section after the second chorus makes it not only shorter but much more suitable for airplay. I also think in some ways the edited version of Life's Been Good works better - although I do love the original, I sometimes think the middle section is a little bloated and hearing the second part of the lyrics sooner makes the song flow better. On the flip side, there are others like Hotel California where I am extremely glad that they are not edited (my opinion is that although the song is six and a half minutes in length, there is nothing that needs to be edited - it needs the intro and the guitar solos, and you can't edit out any of the lyrics). Unfortunately, I personally feel Lyin' Eyes also falls into the 'shouldn't be edited' category, as all the lyrics are important to the story the song is trying to tell.