Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eagles Appearances

Thanks for the heads-up, PLS. Hopefully somebody can listen to it - I'll be in Chicago entertaining family.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Is there any chance one of you could record this for us non-Americans? I'd love to hear what Joe and Glenn have to say.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

In my area it is on at 7:00 a.m. I'll see if I can pull my head together enough at that early hour to listen.

This is an interesting speculation.

The Eagles are landing
    [Published: Sunday 16, December 2007 - 10:41]

One Of These Nights is set to provide a treat for fans of reunited rock superstars The Eagles (left) in 2008.

For the Hotel California hitmakers are being tipped to play at least one major outdoor show in Ireland next year.

The band - Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmitt - is a particular favourite with gig-goers in Ulster and the Republic.

The Eagles played a memorable Stormont concert in June 2001 and two sold-out shows at Lansdowne Road in June 2006.

The foursome is currently enjoying astonishing sales success with their first studio album in 28 years - Long Road Out Of Eden. The double album rocketed to the top of the charts in nine countries, including the UK, Australia and Germany and has shifted more than 1.75m copies in the US alone.

Sunday Life understands that concert promoters in Ireland have already made inquiries about the possibility of luring The Eagles back for at least one show in 2008.

Said a source: "I know for definite that the promoters are trying to line The Eagles up for one concert or more next year.

"It is likely to be Dublin, but you can't rule Belfast out, either."

jmcgurk@belfasttelegraph.co.uk
    http://www.sundaylife.co.uk/news/article3255873.ece

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Thanks for this info, GEF. That would be great! Does that mean they will probably do a little European tour? A while ago I've read Austria made a request to the band, too.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

About 6 weeks ago there was high hopes of the Eagles playing Croke Park on the June Bank Holiday weekend (31May - 2 June) It was being publicised big on Country mix. I looked into the official site and also ticket master. Nothing. Subsequently Celine Dion was announced as the act that weekend. Lansdowne is being redeveloped so that is out as a venue. Hopefully they'll make Croke Park later in the summer.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I don't think we should get our hopes up too high. I just can't really see them coming back to Europe so soon after the last tour, especially as they have stated that they have no plans to tour. However, they did do that one-off show in London, so who knows?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My head says you're right GEF! After all we were pretty much the end of the F1 tour. But my heart says..........MAYBE!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP