Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden: First Impressions Survivor

Default Re: song survivor

Quote Originally Posted by rcknalwys
    I have really enjoyed this game, it was exciting right down to the end and so many great points were made that gave me much to think about. While I also would prefer more collaboration between Glenn and Don, obviously we aren't going to get it, so I'm thankful for all the great music we did get. I'm not overly fond of Steuart, but if his input is what it took to complete this cd, more power to him. There were several surprise vote offs, songs I thought would stick around a little longer, but that just shows there is something for everyone on LROOE. Emotions ran high as we all had different opinions and reasons for the way we voted and many of us went back and forth on our choices, but in the end, all the songs were winners, no matter which one was the lost song still standing. I'm looking forward to playing again in a few months to see if our feelings have changed. Thanks for the great game everyone.
    I am in complete agreement. I figure we'll play the game again in several months - perhaps the summer or so - we'll see what we feel like!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Congratulations Waiting in the Weeds. Although, it wasn't my choice to win the game, it is, in fact, an absolutely wonderful, gorgeous song. This was a fun, interesting and close game. I think there were some surprises for everyone, and there were only a very few rounds where a majority of the voters agreed. I agree that it will be interesting to compare when we play again.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I haven't had a chance to comment on the result until now. While I voted for 'How Long' to win, I have to be fair and say that WITW was indeed a worthy winner of a hard fought battle. Both songs are excellent, and I particularly love the harmonies and the lyrics of WITW! So well done to it. It will be interesting when we play this game again what the result will be. I think there was a lot more tactical voting (and I'm as guilty of the crime as anyone else) in this survivor than in any of the other games we've played. Will that happen again? No doubt we'll find out!

Well done, Soda and Dreamer for facilitating a nailbiting game!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I have sailed on to Lahaina. Put up a neon sign 'Jesus is Coming'

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Thanks for the kind words about my writing, Soda. I could not have put it any better than this, however:

Quote Originally Posted by bdr529
    "Waiting In The Weeds" set itself above all other songs from day one. Like many other songs, it not only was music to my ears but to my soul also.
    Well done, bdr!
    Thank You DonFan. Please remember it was me who quoted you first, I also believe you shared your feelings and thoughts in a most eloquent way.
    I've been biding time with the crows and sparrows while peacocks prance and strut upon the stage. If finding love is just a Dance, Proximity and Chance, You will excuse me if I skip the masquerade.

I have sailed on to Lahaina. Put up a neon sign 'Jesus is Coming'

I think I can tell you which song will win once the game is played once again. "How Long" lost because of a tiebreaker. I am willing to bet with that being known "Waiting in the Weeds" will get more votes early on to avoid that from happening again. Thing is this is a game and how many times have we all said if I knew this was going to happen I would have played that differently?

I do agree with you all, it will be intresting the next time around.
    I've been biding time with the crows and sparrows while peacocks prance and strut upon the stage. If finding love is just a Dance, Proximity and Chance, You will excuse me if I skip the masquerade.

Quote Originally Posted by bdr529
    I think I can tell you which song will win once the game is played once again. "How Long" lost because of a tiebreaker. I am willing to bet with that being known "Waiting in the Weeds" will get more votes early on to avoid that from happening again.
    Unless those early votes are counteracted by early votes for How Long for the same reason...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten