Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2008

Stuck on the Border

PLS, that photo is really nice. Congratulations.

Aww. You guys are so sweet. I was so surprised when soda asked if she could take that picture. I had no idea she was going to do it and afterwards I wondered if I had witchy woman hair with all that wind.lol At least I had the presence of mind to take off my sunglasses, which prompted Glenn to do the same. (monkey see monkey do and all that) He was so sweet to put up with all of us and the photo op. And I do treasure it GA.

All your photos with Glenn look great. He does always seem to have a pleasant expression on his face in pics.

Soda, I think you are right about Don thinking he always has to look like Mr. Serious in his pics. He has the same expression that you & Margie were talking about in my picture with him too. <sigh> Of course, I am grinning ear-to-ear and wishing the moment would last forever.

Interesting comment about trying not to kiss him, Margie! My mind wandered down that path as well! Along those lines, have any of you read the Sweet Potato Queen books? They are absolutely hilarious and I recommend them highly. In "The Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love," author Jill Conner Brown writes about a fellow named Bill who she calls The Best Kisser in the History of the Entire World. She said, "I let him kiss me one time and it just about melted the fillings in my teeth."

Now that, ladies, is a KISS. Somehow I think if any of our fantasies in this arena ever came true, we might find ourselves using the same description.

Hey, I've got an idea! Remember at fairs in the old days there were kissing booths, where pretty girls sold a kiss for a dollar? The guys could do this before a concert. All proceeds going to Walden Woods, of course. That should at least get Don to pucker up. They could make it part of a six-star package costing $5000 a kiss. lol

Of course they would probably have to have security guards monitoring to drag the women off of them once they got their kiss... things could sure get out of control...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ooh, GREAT idea Soda! Don will have to agree since it is for Walden Woods! Oh, the sacrifices one has to make for a good cause!
    Since we are throwing out ideas here, I've often thought that the "I Love All Access" tickets should really offer all access.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm sure Glenn would agree too, at least in the interests of WW or perhaps one of his favourite charities!

Thing is though as you say Soda.....Once I got him I'd never let him go!

Even if MF was next in line!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Great idea, Soda. But too bad you didn't take the chance to ask Glenn for that special treat. Maybe next year.

PLS, your photo is GREAT, Glenn looks fabulous. And I agree with Brooke, you have beautiful hair *sigh*.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Since we are throwing out ideas here, I've often thought that the "I Love All Access" tickets should really offer all access.
    I'm sure you mean that in the most innocent way.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I'm sure you mean that in the most innocent way.
    Of course!

Ooh, GREAT idea Soda! Don will have to agree since it is for Walden Woods! Oh, the sacrifices one has to make for a good cause!
    I remember saying in July 1994 that if I paid $75 for a concert ticket that it should include a half-hour alone with the Eagle of my choice. The times, they are a-changing, huh?

And of course that is innocuous. I mean you can only do so much in a half hour.

I must look for the Sweet Potato Queen books. You know, that whole kiss thing just occurred to me when I was posting. It's not something I'd ever try, & I don't know that it crossed my mind then. I'm usually not very impulsive, & I have too much respect for people & their space to impose my will on someone I don't know. However, it was THE DON, & I guess all of us 'superfans' have some "demons & desires of our own"!!

As for I Love All Access, they really should change their name to I Hate Expensive Tickets for NO Access.