Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fan Gathering Celebrates the Eagles at Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Fan Gathering Celebrates the Eagles at Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame

Also - I'm confused. It was 'Victim of Love' that started this thread - are you one and the same?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

For those of you who would like to know more about the event, here is the reply I received from the organizer, Linda Belding-Des Forges, when I commented on a link to the event that was posted on my personal Facebook page. I asked the woman who posted the link on my page if she knew where the money was going. I was concerned about whether or not profit was being made, and that there was no accountability since the funds were being collected by a private individual. Again, I did all of this on my own personal page, not on one of the many fan groups where the event has been posted. See below for Ms. Forges' response:
    "There is always someone that needs to bitch and moan about things others are doing for the good of people. I am very insulted at your accusations. How dare you speak badly of me when you do not even know me. I really don't feel your comments dignify any answers but I am going to give you apparently what you feel you need to know. I would like to first off ask if you were so "in" with Mr. Frey why aren't you doing something for the fans and laying out you money for deposits and hope to get it back??? Yes, we are getting a group rate which is passed directly onto the fans, the band needs to be paid and housed at a hotel, (Please call them if you want the pricing) there are appetizers for two nights, the keepsake admission tag and lanyard for discounts through out the city of Cleveland. So for 60.00 for only Saturday or $75.00 for Friday and Saturday is more than reasonable. Oh and if there is any left over money (which I doubt) I have set up a fund to donate in Glenn's name to the Lupus Foundation. Apparently, we are not like you and will do things as a labor of love or for no monetary rewards for the Fans and to honor the 40 plus years of Glenn Frey and the Eagles. So instead of harassing the fine ladies that are helping you could have contacted me or go on the Eventbrite registration it is all there. It is not like my information is not out there. Exactly what difference is it to you? Please if you are going to complain leave the site and do not come to the event. This is for positive people that want to do something good."
    So... you can decide for yourself whether you wish to give this woman your money, but I'm afraid I've been turned off of it.

However, I still hope those of you who choose to go have a great time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow! That's too bad that she is being so defensive when you inquired about how the money was going to be spent. Why in the world didn't she just voluntarily disclose this information up front? Instead of being offended, I would think she would want to put folks at ease and let them know that she is accountable for how their money will be spent. I certainly wouldn't accuse her of any wrong-doing without proof, but she should understand that being forthcoming and nice goes a lot farther in building the trust of folks (and in some cases, strangers) when you are asking them to send you money.

But, in spite of ths, I also hope that everyone going has a great time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016