View Poll Results: Other than the Eagles, who turned in the best performance at the CMA's?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keith Urban

2 28.57%
  • Martina McBride

1 14.29%
  • Carrie Underwood

0 0%
  • Josh Turner

0 0%
  • Kellie Pickler

1 14.29%
  • Brooks & Dunn

0 0%
  • Kenny Chesney

0 0%
  • Reba McEntire & LeAnn Rimes

0 0%
  • Sugarland

3 42.86%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMA Awards

Stuck on the Border

Before the "How Long" video started playing on the Country Music Channel -I had never heard of many of the singers/groups much less their songs.

I was blown away the first time I saw the Sugarland video for "Stay" and was so glad that's the song that they performed the other night. Jennifer Nettles' voice is amazing -she was spot on!

I can't believe how many country songs are filling up my IPod these days -Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Reba, Blake Shelton-as I said, a month ago, I would have had no clue about these people.

However, after an hour of country music videos and I feel like I need a box of kleenix and a Prozac!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Thanks for posting your impressions of the show.
    I'm missing something... what about James Denton?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

James Denton looked very hot indeed! Nothing special about his parts though.

Brad Paisley stands out for me too. I just love some of his songs. Most of them are funny, but he can do serious too. If you haven't seen the funny videos, you MUST. The new one is "Online" and catch "Check You For Ticks", and "I'm Gonna Miss Her" to name a few.

I agree with you, Molly, about needing the kleenex after an hour of country music. I do get a little tired of it because so much of it is so depressing. At work we go back and forth between the classic rock stations and the country stations.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I voted for Sugarland because I love Jennifer Nettles. She has an amazing voice and does so great on that song.

My next choice would've been Keith Urban. He is gorgeous!

I thought Miranda Lambert was an inspired choice to play second in the show to get the audience revved up. She really rocked!

And one little personal note about the Eagles--I know Don started as the Eagles' drummer, and I love watching him play the drums too--but he was always in the back and I usually couldn't see him. Therefore, I personally love watching him come out front and play guitar. He was really playing at the CMAs--I saw him change chords--not like in the early days when he used to use the guitar as a prop. So I was a happy camper to see all four guys lined up out front like that.

"Whose guitar is this? My guitar? I like my guitar."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

As usual - I'm the slowpoke here with my comments. My first two choices are exactly the same as DonFan's. Now - as most of you probably already know, I hardly knew any of these songs before I went to the show. I did listen to the Keith CD's that EasyFeeling sent me, so I was familiar with some of his songs. So going in completely green on this stuff, I have to say the performance that impressed me the most was Sugarland. I literally had chills listening to Jennifer Nettles voice even though I could hardly understand a word of the song because the sound was so bad in the arena. She was amazing, but I wasn't impressed at all by her 'outfit'. Keith gets my vote for runner up - he sounded great, plus he looked very HOT! I would also give honorable mentions to Alison Krauss (she also has an amazing voice), and the duet that Reba McEntire and LeAnn Rimes did together was another highlight for me. I did think the lead singer in Rascal Flatts sounded offkey in his song with Jamie Foxx, but I thought their performance was very cool anyway. Kelly Pickler's breakdown was very moving.

One other note - I didn't hardly see or hear any of Carrie Underwood's performance because my attention turned completely to the other side of the stage as soon as I saw them roll out that gold drum set.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016