Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you be ok with the Eagles continuing without Glenn

Default Re: Would you be ok with the Eagles continuing without Glenn

Nah. I mean, if the band themselves decided they wanted to continue, then that's their decision. But do I want them to, or am I okay with it? No, not at all, really. Which is sad, but reality.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    No they are done. But have you guys ever heard of the Rossington Collins band? After the 1977 plane crash when three members of Lynyrd Skynyrd were killed including Ronnie Van Zant. Members Allen Collins and Gary Rossington went on for a little bit ine a new band with a few new members and a female singer. So I guess the guys can do something like that new faces new music new identy with the tribute to Glenn at the end of a show.

Edited I am also quite sad this is the end because I will never get to see them live. They came to my area twice but I was busy with other engagments.
    They won't do that.

The answer is NO.

The guys would never call themselves the Eagles without Glenn. They can perform together all they like - I'm desperate for some kind of public memorial show - but the Eagles are over.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It won't happen. It didn't happen back when they tried to do HFO the first time and he backed out.

What I HOPE happens, is that they play together, not just solo, in some form. Like Don Henley and Joe Walsh, either as a opener+headliner or onstage together, which I'd prefer. And certainly any tribute shows with the rest of the band.

Notice my question is not if they will or wont....but if YOU would be ok with it and pay to see it.

Me? Honestly...if it were Jackson Browne i would. Im not even particularly a JB fan but he identifies so much with the Eagles...wrote their first hit! Was Freys friend and even somewhat resembles Frey in musical style and abilities. I would love to see JB in the Eagles...not necessarily doing Frey songs but creating new material. I would be way more exited about a project like that than a new Eagles album like the last one the band did.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Notice my question is not if they will or wont....but if YOU would be ok with it and pay to see it.

Me? Honestly...if it were Jackson Browne i would. Im not even particularly a JB fan but he identifies so much with the Eagles...wrote their first hit! Was Freys friend and even somewhat resembles Frey in musical style and abilities. I would love to see JB in the Eagles...not necessarily doing Frey songs but creating new material. I would be way more exited about a project like that than a new Eagles album like the last one the band did.
    I said no, and I repeat, no.

If you can actually state that you can be excited about a project which would feature these musicians without Glenn Frey then I have nothing further to say.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post

No I wouldn't...I wasn't a huge fan of LROOE (I loved their newer version of How Long) but it was more an Eagles record than anything that project would ever be.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I would be OK with the guys playing together as individuals somewhere down the road, in fact, I would welcome that, but nothing to do with a band called "Eagles".
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    JD Souther has stated that it would be "sac religious" for the Eagles to continue without Glenn. I agree.
    That's the way I think about it, there's no Eagles without Glenn. It's really sad to realise that

"When you got no life to lose. Well, there's nothin' left to gain"

No Glenn = No Eagles