Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Eagles on 60 Minutes

When I was looking at FP's screencap in Glenn's thread, I was reminded of something that I noticed immediately while watching the show. Did anyone else notice that when they were singing "How Long" in the "Circle of Fear" that Glenn didn't take his eyes off of Don? I thought it was cute. lol

I noticed that, too! His stare was really intense - he was concentrating on keeping i sync with Don and everyone else followed their lead.

BTW, love your Christmas graphics!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for posting the link to the YouTube videos, they're not perfect but they're better than nothing. Pity there wasn't more Joe, can't say I'm surprised, but he looked healthy and in fine spirits.

Soda, thank you SO much for posting the YouTube links to this programme. It is so much appreciated. I asked a colleague of mine, who has Digital Satellite Television (DSTV) to check out her selection of channels to see if one of them was screening it, but with no success. I was so pleased when I could download it from YouTube. The audio and video may not have been in sync, but so what (as Don would say )? As long as I could hear and see them.

Soda, thank you also for the transcription of the programme. I was very amused when the interviewer asked Glenn what makes The Eagles still so popular, and he answered by naming all their hits! I don't know if it's just me, but I sensed a little bit of irritation from Glenn's side - surely it is obvious that their success is attributed to their music still being so popular. The voiceovers contained some of the statistics, after all, so it's not as though they needed an answer to that .

As for the perceived uncomfortable body language from Don and Glenn as they sat together, I noticed that Don looked a little uncomfortable, but I doubt it had much to do with Glenn . I think it has more to do with the uncomfortable atmosphere that the interviewer created with his question about whether or not they're friends!

I also enjoyed Don's much more positive attitude towards and comments about the band and the new album. Good on you, Don! That's what I like to see. I thought his acknowledgement of The Eagles being Glenn's band was very gracious of him.

I loved the scenes of the "Circle of Fear" - I wish I could get my band to do more of that - much more - and be willing to do songs "over and over again" until they're perfect! No wonder The Eagles are so brilliant - they're willing to do the work! I loved Timmy's comment about "why don't you like my song?" and Joe's about "working on our craft".

All round, I must agree with DF and a couple of other comments here regarding the limited amount of the interview we were shown. It's understandable that the general public needed an overview of the band and their career in between, but then they should have made the segment longer.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    I agree that it could have been better. I was kind of suprised again to see just how good Joe looks! And it was so nice to see him smile......and not just a little smile......a SMIIIILE! lol I don't even remember what he said....just the smile! lol

I thought it was interesting that Tim popped in with the "why don't you like my song" comment. lol
    Maleah, it's great that you mentioned Joe's smile - I think that's about the first time I see him on camera smiling and actually showing his teeth! Yes, I agree that he looked very good.

Timmy's comment amused me - I think he perhaps revealed a little more about the workings of the band with that comment than Don and Glenn might have wanted him to!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I noticed that, too! His stare was really intense - he was concentrating on keeping i sync with Don and everyone else followed their lead.

BTW, love your Christmas graphics!
    lol Yeah! And I had to laugh because I think Don had his eyes closed most of the time so he probably didn't even have a clue!

And thanks! You're my inspiration! Your posts are so Christmasy (I don't think that's a word but I'll make it one lol) and cheerful that I decided to follow suit.

I thought the whole "body language" part was ridiculous as Don had his arm stretched out across the booth toward Glenn. There was no body language going on. Don was looking around and Glenn had his elbows on the table. This is body language? They weren't leaning away from one another or turned or scooted away from one another. I thought Don's comment that they ware like brothers is probably very accurate. After all, you love your brother to death...but sometimes you want to strangle him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey

Maleah, it's great that you mentioned Joe's smile - I think that's about the first time I see him on camera smiling and actually showing his teeth! Yes, I agree that he looked very good.

Timmy's comment amused me - I think he perhaps revealed a little more about the workings of the band with that comment than Don and Glenn might have wanted him to!
    lol! I know! I've never seen him smile that big! It was nice to see!

As for the Timmy comment.......as soon as he said it I went "oooooooo!" lol

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    When I was looking at FP's screencap in Glenn's thread, I was reminded of something that I noticed immediately while watching the show. Did anyone else notice that when they were singing "How Long" in the "Circle of Fear" that Glenn didn't take his eyes off of Don? I thought it was cute. lol
    I liked that, too, and Don started keeping time with his hand and Glenn started to do that, too! I cracked up!

And Tim's comment...I thought oooooh!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

To me Glenn looked as if ONE person had got ONE note wrong he was going to fire them. I found the circle of fear segment very insightful. It's a pity that they obviously rehearsd NMWITW and then they didn't sing it at the LA shows. I would have liked to have seen more of the rehearsal footage than the old stuff. And I loved the 'hands' bit too.