Page 48 of 129 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    That's why I don't like the part of the HOTE doc when Glenn says something like, I sang less. It was intentional. We had Don Henley.

You put it very well, Chaim. Glenn didn't realize how much his voice resonated with people.
    I've made my feelings very clear on that HOTE comment, so all I will say is yes, his voice resonated with me like no other.

The sad, simple fact is that my favourite singer is now Mark Knopfler, I guess. I know most people think of him primarily as a guitarist but his voice is just as important to me & I will have to rediscover it to get through this. I was listening to a song called In The Sky yesterday which helped.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Saw from checking Google both The Who and Dwight Yokum did tributes to Glenn last night. Dwight played "Peaceful Easy Feeling", while The Who were performing in Detroit apparently dedicated their show to him and one of the former owners of the arena that just got remodeled. It was part of a video shown before they started recapping the arena's history and The Who performing there before.
    I see that a keyboard player called John Corey is playing with The Who - presumably the same jOhn Corey who was on HFO. Pete Townsend also mentioned friend Tom Wright who wrote an excellent book which has a few Egles and Joe Walsh anecdotes.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I see that a keyboard player called John Corey is playing with The Who - presumably the same jOhn Corey who was on HFO. Pete Townsend also mentioned friend Tom Wright who wrote an excellent book which has a few Egles and Joe Walsh anecdotes.
    Yes. That's the same John Corey. Don's old guitar player, Frank Simes is also in the Who band.

This is an article about the Austin Hall of Fame induction. JD Souther is one of the inductees. http://www.kilgorenewsherald.com/new..._of_Titan.html

The relevant quote from the article:
    Fellow TxHSA Hall of Fame member Gary Nicholson read a speech JD Souther wrote for the ceremony, stating circumstances did not allow Souther to attend as he mourned the loss of close friend Glenn Frey.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default The Who.

So the band came back sat night after Daltrey was sick. And they did a quick mention of Glenn. I'm in tears.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...end-meningitis

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

So I was sad to see the Oscars didn't include Glenn in their in memoriam segment last night but surprisingly to me so many others tweeted and commented about his omission. They also didn't include many other actors like Abe Vigoda, Anne Mera, Tony Burton, and many more. A lot too like myself were wondering why they included David Bowie but not Glenn. One even tweeted how they could've easily used a clip from "Jerry Maguire", and the fact that he wrote a song for "Beverly Hills Cop". It would've been so nice too as Dave Grohl performed a wonderful cover of one of my fav Beatles songs "Blackbird". I'm glad others felt the same as I did, but he should for sure be included at the Emmys this fall since he had more TV roles.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

He also wrote POMPOY which was used as the theme for Thelma and Louise.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Re: The Who.

..very classy!

He didn't write The Heat Is On.

Out on the Border

Find a Grave website has Glenn being buried in Portland Oregon at Wilhelm's Portland Memorial.