Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Out on the Border

Default RIP GLENN FREY

Glenn Frey definitely deserves a one last time get together and tribute tour are there any plans or anything on the cards??

Here is my reasoning, now please bare with me and continue reading. I'm 24 years old (I swear not some confused young guy) and I absolutely love your music. I genuinely am one of the kind of younger guys that believe in MUSIC and not some computerized noise. MUSIC with feeling. Right now back to the point I never had the pleasure of seeing you live in concert, always on the pokey little TV screen. I would definitely love for you swing over the UK and bless us with some musical genius and I will finally live my dream of seeing you LIVE in the flesh. So.....opportunity for both parties, I live my dream, Glenn gets to see you all perform/tour, and we all give Glenn the send off he deserves. So what do you say????
    Last edited by ianc92; 02-02-2016 at 06:05 AM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: RIP GLENN FREY

I'm glad you like the Eagles music Ian, and I think there are plans for some sort of tribute to Glenn in LA at some point but as yet there is no firm plan made. I'm sure when there is people will post about it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

Talking Re: RIP GLENN FREY

oh right. Thats Brilliant to hear id better start backpacking see you when i get there

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I just read on Facebook ...that Glenn was buried at Queen of Heaven Cemetery in Rowland Heights CA...some guy says he has a "distant connection to the band" wrote it...anyone else heard this?
    Thanks Zelda, please keep us posted on anything you may know. I will be in California later in the year. I will try to factor in a visit to the cemetary if I can
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

i wont believe anything unless his family or the band confirms it. but reading those words is like a stab in the gut. omg. :'(

Out on the Border

It is a sad loss to all music fans. There is definatley a hole in the world

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I so agree with that! The day the music died!! Lost one of the best ever!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: RIP GLENN FREY

Welcome Ian. Glad you love the band's music.

As GA said, there are plans in the works for a tribute service for Glenn in L.A., but no details have been announced yet. As far as any other future plans, to be honest, I think that is probably the farthest thing from anyone's mind at this sad time. As I said in another thread, I would guess that Don, Joe, Timothy, and Irving will get together at some point later in the year to decide where they go from here.

P.S. Since we already have other tribute threads in Glenn's forum, I have moved your thread where more folks will see it.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 02-02-2016 at 01:09 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I watched the new American Experience show last night on PBS. It was about President Garfield's assassination, and how the doctors of 1881 handled his wounds. It was a reenactment, and a very good and realistic one. Toward the end, Garfield's sharp decline made me think of Glenn and his very sharp decline. I hadn't cried in a few days, but a few tears fell a few hours ago.

It's weird. Earlier, I made comments in another thread about a photo in which Glenn's hands were placed near his crotch, and about his jeans. (Sorry for derailing that thread a bit). I felt fine doing that and it actually helped a bit, but now, roughly 10 hours later, I feel bad anout and wrong for making those comments. It's still a rollercoaster of emotions.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

I find I'm fine when thinking about or listening to "young Glenn". He's a young man with his life and adventures before him. It's the more recent pictures and videos I find harder. For example, I listened to one of Don's interviews from September when he was asked about the future of the Eagles and he spoke about how they were taking the rest of the year off and how he was looking forward to a quiet January. I'm also remembering that at the start of Don's press tour, he was sounding like he was done with the Eagles but as time went on his position softened. With hindsight, I wonder if the softening was because he knew Glenn was unwell.