Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I have a feeling they were all there together at some point in December. Is it only me but did anyone else find it odd that Don said no to Bob seeing Glenn. Yes I know visitors are limited with coma patients but geeze Bob knew Glenn before the Eagles did.

Yea sorry about forgetting Lemmy and, his name escapes me right now, from Mott the Hoople passed in January as well. I was just not a big fan of either of those 2 bands. I did see Starship 2 years ago but without Grace Slick it was just...well..."Ship".

Okay off my chest & on to straightening up my kitchen cabinets & getting 2 cats off my bed and getting new sheets on, easier said than done.
    'All three were together'.... I was under the impression that Glenn was in a coma for the entire month of December until he died. From what I have read he may even have been placed into a coma the previous month.

Presumably Don didn't get to see Glenn either. I doubt the hospital had a hierarchy of who knew Glenn longest.

In any case Don was surely relaying what he had been told by the hospital.

Today, I went to a Farmer's Market. They were selling some chicks. My friend urged me to pick one up and I did, which then caused me to immediately think of the "River of Dreams" video. However, instead of getting sad, I smiled at the sweet little chick and I became determined to listen to the song when I got back to the car.

I listened to it. I stopped after that song, but it's a first step at least.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Today, I went to a Farmer's Market. They were selling some chicks. My friend urged me to pick one up and I did, which then caused me to immediately think of the "River of Dreams" video. However, instead of getting sad, I smiled at the sweet little chick and I became determined to listen to the song when I got back to the car.

I listened to it. I stopped after that song, but it's a first step at least.
    I have an avatar of that moment in the video. My Rugby League team is the Sydney Roosters. I might post the still.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Aww that is wonderful Nancy!!! I'm glad that you were able to smile and listen to that song!! Love that song!! I do love that music video and it just gets me every time when he holds that chick!! More things are making me think of our Glenn more often too

That would be awesome to see that still FP! I like that name for a team

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Glad that you were able to listen to that song, Soda.

I saw a TV ad for one of the RA medicines last night, and I almost cried.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I admit it was hard to watch Glenn in the doc last night but I reminded myself he's pain free now and smiling down now.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

His pain is gone and his worries are too!! For me, that doc is still amazing, but I can't bring myself to watch the very ending of it and last night's was super hard 'cause it had RIP Glenn!! I still can't let go!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Watched the documentary again this week, to honor Glenn. I still love that documentary so much! That documentary brought me back to the Eagles, to remembering how much I had loved their music, and was the impetus for going to a concert during the last tour. We went because I was afraid they would not come back . Some parts of the doc were hard to watch and know he is gone. Fortunately my version did not include that sad RIP.

I'll probably watch the doc tonight with my uncle, for the first time since Glenn's death. Don't know how I'll handle it.
    -Kim-

About an hour ago, I was in the living room with my mom, and we were playing on our tablets. I was setting up my Spotify account, and decided to play my "loved tracks" playlist for a while. 2 Glenn songs came on, THIO and Smuggler's Blues. For the first time since his death, I was able to enjoy hearing his music again.
    -Kim-