Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Dwight Yoakam's tribute with PEF:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH1PuDiTIsY[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Based off of the new Rolling Stone article, Glenn was in a coma in November, and Don was there in NYC for a time.

Bob Seger said:

I wonder how long Don was in NYC. Those pictures of him from the beginning of December on Howard Stern, many of you commented on how good he looked. I felt the opposite. I thought he looked exhausted & stressed. I just chalked it up to spending most of the year with the Eagles tour, his tour & just the stress of...well...kids. Now I get the feeling this was more about his concern about Glenn. Can you imagine having to put on a happy face for your daughter's wedding knowing how ill one of your closest friends was.

I have a friend who has 2 autoimmune diseases, lupus & RS. She seldom leaves her home in the winter months. Even other months, if you have plans with her & not feeling 100% healthy she needs you to cancel. She won't even share a bedroom with her husband during the winter months. I feel for peple with autoimmune.

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Devastatingly sad

Just yesterday I was in NYC and a friend said "We had two major celebrities just die, Bowie (and I forget the other one now) and they usually come in 3, who will be the third?"

Never thought it would be Glenn.

I guess this is the official end of the Eagles.

Paul Kanter from Jefferson Starship passed away yesterday at age 74. That's #3. January was not kind to celebrities.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I wonder how long Don was in NYC. Those pictures of him from the beginning of December on Howard Stern, many of you commented on how good he looked. I felt the opposite. I thought he looked exhausted & stressed. I just chalked it up to spending most of the year with the Eagles tour, his tour & just the stress of...well...kids. Now I get the feeling this was more about his concern about Glenn. Can you imagine having to put on a happy face for your daughter's wedding knowing how ill one of your closest friends was.

I have a friend who has 2 autoimmune diseases, lupus & RS. She seldom leaves her home in the winter months. Even other months, if you have plans with her & not feeling 100% healthy she needs you to cancel. She won't even share a bedroom with her husband during the winter months. I feel for peple with autoimmune.
    I went to Howard Stern's Facebook page because I couldn't remember what Don looked like in the pictures. He reminds me of what Joe looked like in the NAMM photos, trying to conceal his pain and emotions.

Sorry about your friend. I can't imagine what it's like to live with an autoimmune disease, to have your own body attack you.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died.

Paul Kanter from Jefferson Starship passed away yesterday at age 74. That's #3. January was not kind to celebrities.
    Respectfully, I believe #3 (actually #1) is considered to be Lemmy from Motorhead. He died on December 28. I don't know him, but apparently it is considered to be a huge loss. Paul is #4.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I wonder how long Don was in NYC.
    Timothy was in NYC in December, too...so sad.

Border Rebel

I remember commenting on how exhausted Don looked, and I think several other people did, too. He looked good, but very tired and thin, I thought. At the time, it seemed it was from promoting his album and touring. Now we know differently. He was juggling an awful lot at that time.

Did Annabel get married??...and Glenn has 2 younger brothers, Alan & Matt...

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    Did Annabel get married??...and Glenn has 2 younger brothers, Alan & Matt...
    Don's oldest daughter, the one born in the 70s, was the one who got married. (I can't remember her name)

I watched the Smuggler's Blues Miami Vice episode last night, and managed to enjoy watching it without crying. I did feel a lot of sadness at the end when Jimmy was shot even though he was ok.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Timothy was in NYC in December, too...so sad.
    I have a feeling they were all there together at some point in December. Is it only me but did anyone else find it odd that Don said no to Bob seeing Glenn. Yes I know visitors are limited with coma patients but geeze Bob knew Glenn before the Eagles did.

Yea sorry about forgetting Lemmy and, his name escapes me right now, from Mott the Hoople passed in January as well. I was just not a big fan of either of those 2 bands. I did see Starship 2 years ago but without Grace Slick it was just...well..."Ship".

Okay off my chest & on to straightening up my kitchen cabinets & getting 2 cats off my bed and getting new sheets on, easier said than done.