Thread: Check out my buddy's new music video!

Default Check out my buddy's new music video!

His band Tusk and Tooth have a new video for their new single. Will Hewett, a friend from Clapton tours, plays slide. Check 'em out. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bg6GMOFGZOs

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Check out my buddy's new music video!

A great name for a band, a great name for a song!

The video reminded me of something I can't put my finger on. Perhaps bits from Queen's Invisible Man video? The silhouette of the whole band, for some reason, reminded me of some early Amon Düül II clip I've seen - "vibewise".

I hate it when the only comments from people are "reminds me of this" and "I hear this influence there", so I'll say something about the video itself. I enjoyed it a lot. I loved the colors and the stance of the players - how they were placed and how that varied. Visually my favorite element was the keyboard player's posture. (I'm like that too) I think the only thing I would remove if I was in charge are the shots where people are upside down. It works with the title of the song, but visually they didn't grab me. But it's just details...

I have to say that I liked the song even more. Good stuff. And, the huge Sparks fan that I am, I must say that the main "riff" and sound reminded me of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_f9bRw2aEM

Default Re: Check out my buddy's new music video!

I'm not a musician, so I can't comment on the technical bits, but I thought it was fun and I liked it. Two thumbs up!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you