First off, I must admit I had no idea where I was going, and actually went to the Kimmel Center, only to be told I had to walk a couple of blocks down to the Academy Of Music. Apparently, some kind of Madea play was at the Merriam Theater, and my friend and I really laughed hard at the "outside" Madea shirts they were selling, and duly noted there were no "outside" Don shirts. There was no sign that we saw that said Academy Of Music, but I looked in and saw Don shirts, so I knew we were in the right place. After walking up several flights of stairs I was already worn out, and it didn't help that the dude at the top of the stairs told us we should have taken the elevator. I totally didn't know there was an elevator !! Derp !! Anyway, we took our seats and a few minutes later Shawn Colvin came out.

I'm not very familiar with her, and I've heard she's quite boring and droll, but I can honestly say she was a lot better than freakin' JD And The Straight Shot. I could have lived without her, but it was not totally horrible, either. When she was done, Don came out about 20 minutes later, after the radio thing, which was cool, but I didn't get the point of it being there. Don was in good spirits, and his band was great. He did talk quite a bit before the Cass County songs, and the girls did a fantastic job of filling in for the celebrities that could not be there. Don was telling the story of how he chose Miranda Lambert and Mick Jagger for Bramble Rose, and when he told Miranda he wanted to find someone off the wall some guy in the audience shouted "Joe Walsh !!" which made Don laugh and say "No, but good choice !!". He then said Joe was no longer off the wall, as he has been sober since 1974, then quickly corrected himself and said 1994.

I was surprised by some of the songs choices, mainly "Shangri-La" and "I Put A Spell On You". I would have liked to have heard "Sunset Grill", but he did "New York Minute", which made me very happy. All in all a fantastic end to his tour. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see him again, be it alone or with The Eagles.