Thread: Other contemporary bands/artists Eagles loved

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Other contemporary bands/artists Eagles loved

Chuck Berry and James Brown! They were both still playing in the 70s, so that makes them contemporary and everyone knows how much Glenn loves them.

Add in B.B. King. Don Felder was a big fan. Bill Szymzcyk, too. It wouldn't be surprised if Glenn also liked him.

I know Doug Dillard has been mentioned, but this is from Bernie's eulogy for him:
    A few years later, when I was 20, after moving to Los Angeles, I made my pilgrimage to Doug Dillard’s apartment in Beachwood Canyon in LA, right below the big Hollywood Sign. Our mutual friend Bill Martin, who was here in Nashville visiting Doug on his birthday this past March, and was in Doug’s apartment at the time, recalled that I knocked on the door, and when Doug opened the door, I said: “Hi, I’m a banjo player from Gainesville, Florida, and I’m here to learn everything you know”, and Doug said “Well, come on in!”
    I pretty much didn’t leave. I didn’t have anywhere to live, and Doug let me sleep on his couch for over a year. They fed me when I looked hungry, and the neighbors did too, sort of like I was a stray cat. I was, but the obsessed banjo type.

http://tagsrwc.com/the_ebullet/doug-dillard-obituary/
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 08-08-2015 at 02:39 PM.