Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: One of These Nights

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: One of These Nights

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I've never been a fan of Lyin' Eyes and I love OOTN and TITTL. I also love ATTIG.

For me Lyin' Eyes gets too repetitive and boring after awhile. It's one of the long songs that I can't wait for it to be over, unlike Hotel California which is never boring to me lyrically or otherwise. I heard LE on the radio yesterday coming home from a trip and I had to change the station, and I almost never do that for Eagles songs.

I think ATTIG is criminally underrated and is the best Frey vocal on the entire album by a country mile.

TITTL is beautifully sung, great lyrics. OOTN is just amazing front to back amplified by Felder's great guitar solo.
    Given that its only competition is Lyin' Eyes, that isn't much of a statement.

I'm not going to try & defend Lyin' Eyes but it won a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal. Many people talk about the harmonies of this song but it's one of Glenn's finest ever performances. It's my second favourite Eagles song & I will never tire of hearing him sing it. As so many seem to feel about TITTL, I feel about this song.

Sorry to say. I'm voting Take It To The Limit. I never was a fan of that song. One of my least favorite Eagle song.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Given that its only competition is Lyin' Eyes, that isn't much of a statement.

I'm not going to try & defend Lyin' Eyes but it won a Grammy for Best Pop Vocal. Many people talk about the harmonies of this song but it's one of Glenn's finest ever performances. It's my second favourite Eagles song & I will never tire of hearing him sing it. As so many seem to feel about TITTL, I feel about this song.
    I just really like his voice and the lyrical content on ATTIG. I also love the Memphis RnB/Soul feel.

My top 5 underrated Eagles tunes are constantly changing but for me its:

After The Thrill Is Gone
    Those Shoes
    Victim Of Love
    James Dean
    In The City

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I just really like his voice and the lyrical content on ATTIG. I also love the Memphis RnB/Soul feel.

My top 5 underrated Eagles tunes are constantly changing but for me its:

After The Thrill Is Gone
    Those Shoes
    Victim Of Love
    James Dean
    In The City
    Minus ATTIG, I agree with your list, especially James Dean and In the City. Both of those songs are in my top 10 Eagles songs.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT, one more time!

I really love all three of the remaining songs, but this one gets so repetitive at the end, I just want it to be over.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

I'll go for One of These Nights, by extremely thin margin.

Lyin' Eyes features great storytelling and great musicality. It's one of those songs I know every word to. Glenn's singing is very measured and controlled, but still has a lot of character. Hit the rock and country charts.

Take It to the Limit features Randy's excellent, emotive singing and how about Don's creative drumming at the end there?

Out on the Border

Lyin' Eyes

very hard at this point...but I'll go with Lyin' Eyes

It's a toss up but I'll go with Take it to the limit
    Last edited by L101; 08-10-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Austin - Just want to clarify that you are actually casting a vote for Lyin' Eyes rather than just commenting here?

Just a reminder to everyone - please make it clear when you are casting a vote so the moderators don't have to guess about whether you are voting or just discussing the songs. Thanks!

I've never been a fan of Lyin' Eyes and I love OOTN and TITTL. I also love ATTIG.

For me Lyin' Eyes gets too repetitive and boring after awhile. It's one of the long songs that I can't wait for it to be over, unlike Hotel California which is never boring to me lyrically or otherwise. I heard LE on the radio yesterday coming home from a trip and I had to change the station, and I almost never do that for Eagles songs.

I think ATTIG is criminally underrated and is the best Frey vocal on the entire album by a country mile.

TITTL is beautifully sung, great lyrics. OOTN is just amazing front to back amplified by Felder's great guitar solo.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016