Things should really start getting interesting now. I'm not going to vote yet, but I just want to come to the defense of Hollywood Waltz. I love the vocals, lyrics, and melody to the song. As far as Too Many Hands, I think the lyrics are pretty good, but I'm not crazy about the melody or Randy's vocals. I can't even iput my finger on what it is about the vocal that I dislike, but they just rub me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
I can sympathise with tlr's comments - I personally find I can split this album into three groups of three songs. To me there are the three singles, all of which are extremely strong Eagles songs and fully deserve the praise they get, there are another three songs which I like a lot and I consider to be underrated, and the final three I find a bit 'meh' and are among the Eagles songs I play least often. I do like this album quite a lot as a whole, but I myself don't think it's as good as Desperado or Hotel California.
JCL - I pretty much agree that this album is uneven for the reasons you cite. The only thing I differ with you about is that I would rate After the Thrill Is Gone with the 'big three' in terms of quality. It's true it wasn't a megahit like the others, but IMHO, it is just as good.