Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

I'm bringing the whole WH reception link to the top. The honorees start coming in at around 50:46. You can see Bob(on the left), Don's family, Timothy's family on the right side. Irving right behind Will.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmz6RdTSWwY[/ame]
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-05-2016 at 12:53 PM.

Here's a little recap from last night. You get a little of Peaceful Easy Feeling, Take it Easy, Hotel California and Life in the Fast Lane. Cindy was enjoying herself. Poor Taylor. I just want to hug her. I started to cry as I listen to the performers and then seeing Taylor wiping her eyes. I don't know how Cindy got through this whole weekend, but it looks like she did. Cool seeing President Obama singing along to LITFL. The audience was having fun.

Other than the Eagles. I can't wait to see Kevin Spacey doing his impression of Al. I've seen him do it before. Its hilarious.

Its going to be an interesting night. December 27th can't get here any faster.

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/fi...center-honors/
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-05-2016 at 01:48 PM.

An article from Variety. If the order is right(which majority of the time it is), it looks like the guys will be going on last on the 27th which is good. What a way to begin the show and end the show. Two great legends. I'm glad this year I know 4 of the 5 honorees that means I won't have to change the channel when a honoree I don't know is on.

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/ken...ma-1201933556/

The show’s finale for the Eagles included a biographical film narrated by Linda Ronstadt, an introduction by Ringo Starr, and a barrage of Eagles faves from the Kings of Leon (“Take it Easy”), Juanes, Bob Seger (“Heartache Tonight”), and Steuart Smith (“Hotel California”). In addition, Vince Gill offered “Easy Feeling” as a tribute to the band’s late member, Glenn Frey, who died in January at age 67.
    The next quote is about the State Department dinner on Saturday.
    The salute to the Eagles was delivered by the band’s longtime manager, Irving Azoff, who cited the group’s well known insistence of perfection and commitment to principles. Band member Henley spoke for the group and dedicated the evening to “our brother Glenn, who was the driving force of this band.” Ending on a political note, Henley said “it is our fervent hope that going forward, [musicians] will still be able to make their dreams come true, if Google doesn’t destroy what’s left of the music industry!”
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-05-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Shun I cant wait to see it. It will be emotional.
    So no word on if any of the former Eagles were there or metioned?

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Thanks Shun for going to all this trouble
    No problem. I was having so much fun looking and finding pictures from this weekend. Watching the live stream of the Red Carpet yesterday and watching the WH reception video. I almost missed it. I had a feeling it would be live, but I was waiting on the facebook live stream that I forgot about they being live from the WH. Thank goodness somebody on Facebook said it was live on Youtube. I got there in time to hear President Obama talk about the guys.

As I was watching the video from the recap of last night, if I was crying at just watch the little clips of the performers performing the Eagles songs from the gala, I know I'll be crying when the 27th. I can't believe its only 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Shun I cant wait to see it. It will be emotional.
    So no word on if any of the former Eagles were there or metioned?
    I don't think we will know if they were there or not. I haven't seen or heard anything of them being there. I heard the former members are shown in the video montage which I said they would.

Thanks Shun.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've finally caught up watching the clips and all. Tears in my eyes right now and I can't wait to see the whole thing on the 27th. It will be hard to watch, missing Glenn, but I wouldn't miss it for anything. It will probably be a deluge when Vince Gill does PEF.

I noticed in that last clip that it looks like most of the performers for the Eagles joined in on Life in the Fast Lane! Love!

And thank you again, shun, for all your work here! You go girl!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I figured Garth was going to be invited. When I saw him in pictures, I was like yep he's there for James. He's a huge fan of James. I thought maybe they would had asked Trisha, but I guess not.

Its interesting bunch of artists paying tribute to the guys. Kings of Leon, Bob, Vince, and Juanes.

I heard Vince sing Peaceful Easy Feeling. So I know he's going to do a great job with that song. Vince has done KCH a few times just like Mavis and James has done it many times before they finally became a honoree. They need to make Vince a honoree. He deserves it.

I can't wait to hear Juanes put his spin on HC. I've never heard of him(I must had not notice him when he was there in 2013. I was just waiting on them to hurry to get to Billy), but I think they pick the right guy to do HC since HC has that had a latin feel to it and I heard he's a good guitar player. So its going to be interesting.

I think its going to be an interesting show on the 27th. I'm actually looking forward to everybody.

I saw a picture of Deacon holding his father's medallion and him saying he was proud to be his son. I started to cry when I saw the picture.
    Could you please post this if possible. I have seen no photos of Glenn's medallion at all. I also thank you for all you efforts.

I'm afraid I could not hear what Bob Seger said. But President Obama was his usual self. Please don't flame me for saying this. How I will miss him.

I wonder why Cindy changed her dress?

I saw Otis back in 2012 as 'guest percussionist' on YBTTC in LA. How he's grown. Deacon has his father's narrow eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Could you please post this if possible. I have seen no photos of Glenn's medallion at all. I also thank you for all you efforts.

I'm afraid I could not hear what Bob Seger said. But President Obama was his usual self. Please don't flame me for saying this. How I will miss him.

I wonder why Cindy changed her dress?

I saw Otis back in 2012 as 'guest percussionist' on YBTTC in LA. How he's grown. Deacon has his father's narrow eyes.
    Cindy wore the black dress on Saturday. The green dress was last night.

Otis is a cutie. He really has grown. I see a little Otis in Cindy and Glenn. i still can't believe he's only 14. I do see a little of Glenn in Deacon. Taylor is a mixture of both her parents, but favors Cindy more.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-05-2016 at 07:48 PM.