Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...204-story.html

So from what this article is saying, it looks like Ringo said something about the Eagles before the video montage and then it was Bob, Kings of Leon, Vince and Juanes paying tribute to the guys. So Bob and Vince was who majority of everybody said that would be paying tribute.

The Eagles, credited with shaping the Southern California sound with hits such as “Life in the Fast Lane,” “Desperado” and “Hotel California,”*were to receive Kennedy Center Honors last year, but their awards were postponed when band*co-founder Frey*took ill. He died Jan. 18 at age 67 from complications of rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia.

That left Don Henley, Timothy B. Schmit and Joe Walsh, all 69, to collect Kennedy Center medallions on Sunday with Frey’s widow, Cindy.
    “For our fans, 2016 didn’t have a harder beginning or a more appropriate ending,” Eagles manager Irving Azoff said in an interview before the black-tie event at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.

Added Schmit on Sunday as he*entered*the center: “The whole thing was a great ride from the moment I joined the band till the end,” he said. “It was kind of a roller-coaster ride, but it was real joyful.”

Ringo Starr heralded the Eagles’ legacy, then Bob Seger, the Kings of Leon, Vince Gill and the Colombian musician Juanes performed some of the Eagles’ biggest hits.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Yes that's Cindy. I just posted a picture of her with the guys.
    It's really nice to see her and the kids with genuine smiles on their faces. After what I know has been a rough year I'm sure it was nice for them to be able to celebrate Glenn and his music.

From Billboard

"I want to dedicate this evening to our brother Glenn," Henley said as the band accepted its honors Saturday night at the State Department. "He was so much a part of our success. He was the driving force in this band. He believed in the American dream."

The band's longtime manager, Irving Azoff, sobbed as he raised a glass to Frey.

"For our Eagles family," he said, "2016 couldn't have had a harder beginning or a more appropriate ending."

Can't wait to see the evening broadcast on CBS on 27th December.
    A truly bitter sweet occasion but glad it went so well.
    Loved President Obama's tribute especially the joke where he said Joe had to behave in the White House as he and Michelle were leaving soon and they had to get their security deposit back!

It looks like Timothy and Joe did walk the red carpet. I saw Timothy, but I didn't see Joe.

Here's a guy who did a few clips of the show. The clips are very very short(of course its Instagram), but we get a little taste of what we will see on December 27th. We even hear Bob singing Heartache Tonight. If his order is right with how he posted the pictures and clips, the Eagles will be the last performance of the evening which I'm happy.

https://www.instagram.com/thoscarpenter/

From what I saw online, the songs that were played were: Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Heartache Tonight, Hotel California and Life In the Fast Lane.

Here's video from the WH. This is the edited version. I downloaded the video of the honorees coming in. I will post that later.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT6fUgI1VkQ[/ame]

Here's President Obama just talking about the guys.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozV2bub4wW4[/ame]

Bob talking about Glenn and the Eagles. I started to cry later in the video. The conversation he had with Cindy made me cry. Glenn was definitely there in spirit.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp5KI-TuKbM[/ame]
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-05-2016 at 10:03 AM.

No word on if Don F, Bernie and Randy attended?

And I don't know if they went. I heard Steuart was there

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    And I don't know if they went. I heard Steuart was there
    I think Steuart Smith actually played. Look at one of the instagram clips:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNntYAPD...=thoscarpenter
    At the beginning, on the audience's left, the guitarist looks very much like him.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    It's more likely that they were invited to tonight's Gala.
    Reportedly, Felder, Randy & Bernie were invited to attend last night's ceremony, but they would not be honored. Would they have even been acknowledged? If not, that seems very disrespectful.