Page 44 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Kennedy Centre Honorees

Whatever comments I have made in this thread have nothing to do with how I feel about Don Felder and Kennedy Center Honors. It was just the "supposed fan" term that caught my eye, because in my opinion it is not for someone else to say whether one is a fan or not. I don't have strong feelings about the subject itself, because, to be honest, those things don't interest me that much. But I certainly wouldn't have anything against Felder being honored.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Whose place is it to judge another person's fandom of this band, any band, or really anything? Something about that just doesn't click for me.

Before I end my involvement with this particular thread, I just want to say I feel real low for involving myself in this conversation the way I did yesterday morning, dissing another poster's manner of communication.

I caved to my worst ever tendency, and I'm sorry. Lesson learned—I will NEVER do that again. If I slip up, do report me.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border

I hope people will stay with the thread, but keep it on topic. We still have to speculate on who will do the introduction, who will perform and which songs.

My opinion is that message boards attract nit-pickers - and I count myself as one - and it's hard to resist joining in to pick holes in what other people post. Sometimes that's unintentionally hurtful and sometimes it takes the thread off track.

Continuing OT for a minute, if anyone wants to return to the Felder vs Henley-Frey debate, there's always this thread.

Banned

I'll be glad when the Kennedy Centre Honors is behind them. It's brought nothing but bad news so far, I just hope that there isn't more before December.

I love listening to the music the Eagles made, I'm not interested in all the accolades and awards people chuck at them. The enormous riches they've all earned is, more than, ample recompense for their collective efforts.

Hopefully the next, post KCH, chapter will be something positive.

IMHO. I think the replies that deals with the other three not being included should be moved to the other post that was started. I want to talk about who will sing their songs and who will do the introduction, but with everybody wants to bite each other's heads off with who should be honored or who are not "true fans" is making me stay far far far far far away from this thread which should be positive.

This has become a bashing thread. It has turned into this favorite against that favorite and its getting very old. Yes I get tired of getting my head chewed off for what I say, but when it happens I just don't say anything else after that because I get tired of that too.

Until something nice is said in this thread, I'm staying far away from this thread. I can't take it anymore. What should be a great celebration is turning into one side ok with the current members being honored and the other side is p'od because the former members are not being honored. I'm not enjoying seeing everybody bashing each other. This topic has gotten very old and very annoying.

I'm looking forward to December, but like Funk50 said. I can't wait for it to be over because I'm tired of this. We will never have harmony when it comes to something like this. I think I'm going back to looking at only Don Henley's post.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-21-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Stuck on the Border

If anyone is going to leave this thread it should be me, because I'm not that interested in awards and honors. I will follow this discussion, but I don't have much to contribute. I just found the "supposed fan" term insulting , and I said what I wanted to say about that (and I don't consider it nitpicking ).

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would also like to discuss who we think will perform, what songs, and who will do the introduction.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I'm so out of touch with modern music and especially american music, that I'll struggle to come with names. I hope it won't just be their contempories. Is there a big country star who would be a good fit? Or maybe a young boyband who can do harmony singing? Then someone heavy metal or grungy?

I have a feeling JD, Jackson and even Jack Tempchin will be there to honor the guys. Maybe one of them will be doing the introduction or somebody else.

Since some of the members of One Direction are fans of the guys, I wouldn't be surprised if they were asked.

Since Miranda Lambert sang at last year's show for the guys, if she's not busy she could come back this year. That's one big name from the country music side. Maybe Keith Urban or Lady Antebellum. I wouldn't be surprise if they ask Trisha to come since she's friends with Don. Vince has worked with the guys so he can come to sing any of the guys song. I love his version of I Can't Tell You Why. Maybe Travis Tritt since it was him that got the ball rolling.

I have no idea on the pop side. The only one I can think of is One Direction.

The rock side. I have no idea. Foo Fighters or so today's famous star from the rock side. What does Sheryl Crow sings. Pop or rock.

As for songs. Here's my list of maybe.
    Hotel California(I would be very surprise if it wasn't included)
    Take It Easy (I can see this song being sung)
    Desperado (Maybe)
    Best of My Love (maybe, but I don't expect it)
    Heartache Tonight(a good chance)
    Already Gone (a maybe)
    I Can't Tell You Why (if they ask Vince, I could see him singing this song)
    New Kid In Town(maybe, but I doubt it)
    Peaceful Easy Feeling(a good chance)

Stuck on the Border

I thought of One Direction except they're taking a break.

Vince Gill and Trisha Yearwood? I don't know either of them but I've seen the names.

I think the introduction could be a past honoree. Steve Martin has already done the singer-songwriter jokes for Paul Simon, otherwise as someone who started out with them at The Troubadour, he'd have been good. What kind of state is Jack Nicholson in?